WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday deals?

Boolit Master

Black Friday deals?

I don't do Black Friday shopping since I work Swings and getting up before 10 am is not going to happen.

So, I stay up late and try to find deals online.

I did not find a whole lot of deals. Spent money, but it was for items I needed anyways. Only bought four things; a new doorbell video camera, bluetooth headphones, boot insoles, and a new holster for my Springfield Armory 10 mm.

Headphones are for listening to music/news/talk radio/podcasts at work. Had to get a new doorbell video camera since when I upgraded to fiber optic 1 gig internet, my old doorbell camera wouldn't work. Boot insoles are self explanatory, as is the holster for my new gun.

I went to all of the gun websites and didn't find too many deals. Did find a Vortex 4x12 scope at Midway for $99. But, already have the scopes I need.

No primers. No 200 grain Hornady XTPs, and no smokin' deals on red dot sights. Pretty much a bust.

The headphones were $10 off, the doorbell was $30 cheaper, insoles were normal and expensive (ESD compliant), and the Bianchi holster was normal. So, maybe $40 in savings?

Anyone else have better luck?
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Not much on black Friday idiocracy

Once I parked in a empty parking lot across from wallyworld in an extremely southern town and watched the mad dashing housewife's crash into each other trying to cross the 4 lane blvd. to the next big sale, Hilarious, Like being at the demolition derby !

Boolit Master

Going to go out and buy (2) 50 Cal ammo cans at Cabellas today. About the ONLY Black Friday deal published that seemed to be a deal.

Lots of ads in my e-mail box for Guns and Gun stuff - but despite the XX% off - nothing looked like a deal. A couple of months ago I was hoping to see Cabellas/Bass Pro run another sale on Savage 12FV's; want one in .308 Winchester, and possibly 6.5 Creedmore/Blowmore to go with my .223. Have to throw the plastic stock away and buy a couple of Boyd's replacement stocks; but the Savage 12FV has been a good value in the past.

But.... No Joy this year.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the confirmation. I thought I might be missing something. Lots of emails of sales but nothing of interest. May check cabelas for ammo cans since I’m down the street. Thanks for that.

Nope out of stock in Glendale Az.
    Last edited by Mal Paso; 11-26-2021 at 11:59 AM.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Oh my! Seems I slept through it...again.

Boolit Buddy
    I picked up a Romeo5 for 119 and Sig 3x9 for 100. I have seen some buys, just not much I want/need. The biggest thing I am seeing this year is there aren't the big savings off and you don't get free shipping until you spend lots of money.

Boolit Master
    Which camera doorbell did you buy? I'm looking for one that isn't connected to someone like Google.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Master

Hey I bought some Romeo 5 for 109 a couple months ago , saw them yesterday in a ad for 99 oh well I went out to pickup crickett rifles for grandkids , dropped in to the local gun shop was pretty busy , saved my money for another day .

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jdfoxinc View Post
    Which camera doorbell did you buy? I'm looking for one that isn't connected to someone like Google.
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Unfortunately, it is connected to Alexa and Google.

My old one, which I was completely happy with, wasn't connected to anything except wi-fi. Loved being able to be at work and get a notification that there was movement in my front yard. Usually was deer. Once was a moose. Nice to be able to use my phone to get a live view of my front yard to see how much snow was falling.

This is the one I currently have...
    https://smile.amazon.com/Upgraded%E3...s%2C272&sr=8-3
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Banned

I don't do Black Friday in brick and mortar. AS for online the only deals that would be appealing to me would be either primers or powder and...no soap!
    I did get some brownie points with SWMBO, I ordered a new Sleep Number bed last month, we had our old one for 16 years. This one will adjust with your position, and the wifes back is bad enough that she changes position pretty frequently. It arrived Wednesday and last night I think she slept the soundest she has in a very long time, Praise God.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by tankgunner59 View Post
    I don't do Black Friday in brick and mortar. AS for online the only deals that would be appealing to me would be either primers or powder and...no soap!
    I did get some brownie points with SWMBO, I ordered a new Sleep Number bed last month, we had our old one for 16 years. This one will adjust with your position, and the wifes back is bad enough that she changes position pretty frequently. It arrived Wednesday and last night I think she slept the soundest she has in a very long time, Praise God.

That is awesome! Restful sleep is something I took for granted when I was younger. Wish I could afford a sleep number, but decent memory foam beds are usually good enough. I hope your wife continues to enjoy good sleep!

I found a good deal on a magazine for my rifle.

https://mdttac.com/
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by tankgunner59 View Post
    I finally broke down and ordered one a month or so ago. It gets here Monday morning. I spent last night on the floor again so hoping the new mattress does the job. Sure cost enough even with 50% off but hopefully will work for me. Glad your wife got some much needed sleep.

I went Black Friday shopping, once. Huh uh, ain't nothing I need that bad.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG View Post
    Going to go out and buy (2) 50 Cal ammo cans at Cabellas today. About the ONLY Black Friday deal published that seemed to be a deal.

Lots of ads in my e-mail box for Guns and Gun stuff - but despite the XX% off - nothing looked like a deal. A couple of months ago I was hoping to see Cabellas/Bass Pro run another sale on Savage 12FV's; want one in .308 Winchester, and possibly 6.5 Creedmore/Blowmore to go with my .223. Have to throw the plastic stock away and buy a couple of Boyd's replacement stocks; but the Savage 12FV has been a good value in the past.

But.... No Joy this year.
    Those ammo cans are always useful.

Moderator Emeritus

Here is my Black Friday experience, LOL

The local independent farm store (Glencoe Fleet Supply-True Value) had a 20% off deal for Black Friday, opening at 6am.
    They have real good "regular" prices on decent leather boots, so 20% off is a super good deal. But, they usually only stock one of each size per style. I figured if I got there at 6am, I was sure to get the sizes I wanted (I was also picking up a pair for a close friend... I am up that early anyway).

S0, I get there at about 10 minutes to 6. There are 3 other Old Farts, dressed in farmer clothes (just like me, LOL) ...one, I happened to know, which was nice, as we had a nice chat... All four of us (no one else, LOL) were waiting in line to "rush" in the store. All four of us had a good laugh at the crowd of employees (15 of them), that let us in at 6. While they have a big selection of stuff (the store is the size of a large grocery store) it seemed all of us were there to get boots, as that was where we all walked to, LOL.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master
    I got lucky. Have wanted a good PCP pistol, and Crosman had a 25% off sale plus free shipping. Wound up buying two and some other neat things. Great savings on great products.

Bargains are out there but I would never go to a store or mall. Easier to use the internet.
    Don Verna

Banned
    No Ben Franklin's will be harmed from my Black Friday shopping. It's easier to stay home and work, even if the weather is nice outside.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I went Black Friday shopping, once. Huh uh, ain't nothing I need that bad.

Murphy
    I'm with you there! I didn't even go out to check the mail.

I'm not a retail shopper by any means, But I needed a freezer. Did my homework on line, went out early to Lowes and picked up a GE 5.0 cu/ft chest freezer for $190.00, Not to shabby. Traffic was light and no crowd at the store. Like I like...
    Deplorable infidel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast