WidenersReloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
Repackbox

Thread: Nostalgia, looking way back.

Boolit Master

Nostalgia, looking way back.

Wasn't sure if this belonged here. First off I have no idea what a PCP air rifle is. I have several air rifles a very old 20 caliber Beeman, I got this pellet gun with out a stock so I retrofitted a Crossman stock for it. It actually works and shoots great. The other one is a single pump break action 22 caliber. Well I guess I've wondered from my original tbought.
    Starting back about 73 years ago at age 7 I got my first BB gun a Red Rider. That was a powerful weapon in the hands of 7 year old. That 17 caliber BB gun would shoot through both sides of a steel beer can. I don't know what or why they change the power of today's Red Riders and I have one of the new Classic Red Riders. It will barely shoot through one side of an aluminium can. Back to my first Red Rider, I became the neighborhood great white hunter. Between the years 1948 to 1954 I probably shot enough Sparrows to fill the bed of pickup, during those years I think I wore out 3 or 4 Red Riders. Then for my 13th birthday, my Mom and stepdad bought me a Ranger 22 single shot, I had graduated to shooting ground squirrels. Tree squirrels to eat. I guess ground squirrels are edible but we did not eat them. Sure miss the good old days. nu
    Last edited by 45-70 Chevroner; 11-26-2021 at 12:44 AM.

In the mid 60s' all our group of great White Hunters would walk up the street with our guns every Saturday Morning to go hunting on the big Hillside above our housing tract. We were mostly pest control because all the rabbits had the disease, leaving them where they fell fed the Coyotes and keep them out of the housing tract.

Now that hillside is all planted with avocados and if anyone carried a gun up the street they would be thrown in jail for life.

I blame all this on Liberals infiltrating our Local Govt/ City Council.. It all started when they closed the Ventura Police Pistol Range that we all went to for our gun training and hunter safety courses. Now there is nothing!

I really don't like Liberals, they are the "Fun Police" and are working their way thru our society at an alarming rate.

This is what I really think of them.

Rules Governing Liberal Behavior
    1.Liberals Screw Up Everything They Touch.
    2.Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
    3.Liberals will lie about anything, no matter how insignificant.
    4.When all else fails, they call you a Racist!

Tell me where I'm goin' wrong?

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Nope. Plus 1. Spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ad in hateful and spiteful also.

One cannot emphasize #2 enough

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by 45-70 Chevroner View Post
    Wasn't sure if this belonged here. First off I have no idea what a PCP air rifle is... I have several air rifles Sure miss the good old days...

Chevroner -- you asked a good question vis "PCP" and I'll provide a real quick answer: Instead of a SPRING, or CARBON DIOXIDE sending your pellet on its path down your barrel, simple, plain-Jane air is employed. To get enough compressed air pressure to ensure functioning, a small air tank is part of the firearm, as opposed to a spring or attachment for a C02 cylinder. To get the requisite air into the mentioned small air tank, generally either a hand pump (think of the old tire pumps but on Steroids -- generally ~ 3,000 psi (a LOT of pumping)) or a high pressure air compressor is used.
    Once the pressure in the airgun's tank is where one wishes it, the pump or compressor is unattached, and you now have a Pre-Charged-Pneumatic (P-C-P) airgun ready to go...
    If you were to Google, say, Airguns of Arizona, Utah Airguns, Baker Airguns, Pyramid Air -- and/or a host of other on-line vendors -- you'll be able to vies myriads of PCPs... Their prices range from a low in the $150.00 USD to ~$3.500.00 USD range.
    Now -- I hope you know .
    [I really really miss the old days, too!]
    geo

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by georgerkahn View Post

Chevroner -- you asked a good question vis "PCP" and I'll provide a real quick answer: Instead of a SPRING, or CARBON DIOXIDE sending your pellet on its path down your barrel, simple, plain-Jane air is employed. To get enough compressed air pressure to ensure functioning, a small air tank is part of the firearm, as opposed to a spring or attachment for a C02 cylinder. To get the requisite air into the mentioned small air tank, generally either a hand pump (think of the old tire pumps but on Steroids -- generally ~ 3,000 psi (a LOT of pumping)) or a high pressure air compressor is used.
    Once the pressure in the airgun's tank is where one wishes it, the pump or compressor is unattached, and you now have a Pre-Charged-Pneumatic (P-C-P) airgun ready to go...
    If you were to Google, say, Airguns of Arizona, Utah Airguns, Baker Airguns, Pyramid Air -- and/or a host of other on-line vendors -- you'll be able to vies myriads of PCPs... Their prices range from a low in the $150.00 USD to ~$3.500.00 USD range.
    Now -- I hope you know .
    [I really really miss the old days, too!]
    geo
    Thanks. I kind of got an idea of what a PCP air rifle was from reading some of the posts.