Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Fighter Pilot: Operation Red Flag

Boolit Master

Fighter Pilot: Operation Red Flag

https://youtu.be/L9U9EmNwXu8

Back in the early 90's I had the opportunity to participate in the Nato Exercise Red Flag as a F-16 Crew Chief. This video brought back lots of memories. If you have the time I think most would enjoy this.
    If liars pants really did catch on fire, watching the news would be a lot more fun!

Boolit Master
    My son's leaving the AF this month after 8 yrs, two deployments, and going into the Air Guard.

Boolit Master

Interesting video, thank you for posting. Was there '76 - '78, Refueling maintenance, Transportation Squadron. Base activity was very hectic even when I was there at times. Red Flag exercises, back to back, even back then.
    Enewetak Atomic Clean Up Veteran 1979

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 472x1B/A View Post
    Interesting video, thank you for posting. Was there '76 - '78, Refueling maintenance, Transportation Squadron. Base activity was very hectic even when I was there at times. Red Flag exercises, back to back, even back then.
    I was there May of 78 until April of 83, as a photographer at the base photo lab. Went out on my first accident in June, by August I was teaching my co-workers how to do aircraft accident photography. I'd been an F-111D crew chief at Cannon until I retrained into still photography, but had gotten some training on all the older jets, F-4's, T-38's, F-105's, Tweets, and such, and remembered enough to be useful in accident investigations. By the time I left in 83, I'd been involved in about 100 aircraft accidents. It was quite a busy place. I learned a lot about the F-16's, and F-15's, and the Navy F-14's, as well. Lt. Cmdr. "Heater" Heatley, who filmed the air-to-air scenes for Top Gun, was there much of the time I was there, too. I met him for business far too often for either of our comforts.

Bill

Boolit Master

Very Inspiring. I was touched by seeing the awesome power of the ordinance and the abilities of the mechanics as well as those who piloted the aircraft. It was definitely worth watching. I would love to see it at the IMAX rather than on this small computer screen!
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    What a great video! Thank you for sharing.

Boolit Buddy
    I really miss TAC fighters. Worked with A10, F4, F16 and even the little O2 and OV10 the first 8 years and spent the last 12 with AETC. I never liked AETC. I knew it was important but I never could get behind all of the useless spit and polish along with the mission of flying around the flag pole.
    USAF (Retired) 1985-2005

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by smoked turkey View Post
    I would love to see it at the IMAX rather than on this small computer screen!
    As fate would have it, I JUST opened a new HDMI cable and connected the GeForce GTX970 display card in the computer to the 55" LG tv sitting 4' away when I saw this post. THANKS!!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.