Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWideners
Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky

Thread: Finally REAL success

Finally REAL success

Never had great luck with lee reals in any barrel I’ve tried them in the lighter or heavier didn’t matter 45 or 50 cal . Was doing some more load development for the little 45 flinter I built this past winter / spring still wasn’t having a lot of luck with my slightly undersized lee ball .438 and different patch combos , I spied a box of the 200 gr reals I cast up a few years back figured what the heck figured I’d try even though that skinny GM barrel had a 60 something twist . Smeared som tracks mink paste on them and used a 1/16 thick card wad under it started off at 60 gr 3F 3 shots about 3” at 50 yds just a hair better than what I was getting with balls worked my way up groups tightened up last load was 75 gr and got 5 into a nice 1.5” group about 4” high so I think I’m just about right for our late flintlock season . I’m actually really happy they worked well I have seen and help track quite a few deer dad had shot with his TC 45 and never had a pass through I know a lot of guys use them but I prefer more weight
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

I had good success with a 54 REAL. Have cast up some 58 REALs (ounce a piece), but it is hunting season until the end of February so I am unlikely to try them out until the spring. I hear they shoot real well, although this rifle is very accurate with PRB and arguably even a ball was a bit much for the small doe I shot last month.
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.