Load DataRepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication

Thread: Another Parable of the Fig Tree

Another Parable of the Fig Tree

John 11:26

This essay is about Boaz, whom some of knew as Charlie. But first, let me tell you a story.

Over the past century or two, Italian immigrants came to the region of Western Pennsylvania to work in the coal mines, steel mills, and stone quarries. They are a persistent people who carry on their homeland customs and traditions to this day. One of those is the growing of fig trees.

In the sunny and mild Mediterranean climate of Southern Italy, Fig trees grow almost without any care at all, and produce fruit abundantly. However, when immigrants arrived here, they found the frigid winters inhospitable to the trees that were adapted to mild climate. This did not deter them, and they quickly found a way to help the fig trees survive the freezing winters, to bloom and produce again in the spring and summer.

The technique was simplicity itself. At the end of the season, branches are pruned back severely. A trench is dug next to the trunk and the tree is lowered into the trench, uprooting most of the roots in the process. Then the tree is covered in soil and leaves for insulation. When the soil is again warm, the tree is lifted upright to grow and bloom again.

Jesus once said that “By their fruits you shall know them.” Boaz bore the fruits of the spirit, as anyone would know by meeting him. He was not only faithful himself, but encouraged others to grow in the Christian Faith. For that I am grateful.

In our baptism, we are symbolically lowered into the grave, to be raised again, as Christ was. Though Boaz may be in the ground, that is not his resting place, he will be raised again, like the fig tree; like our Savior; to new and glorious life.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master

Amen Brother
    If liars pants really did catch on fire, watching the news would be a lot more fun!

Years ago I went through a spell where I just was not posting in the chapel.

Boaz took the time to PM me, ask what was wrong. Well we had a pretty good conversation going back and forth for about a week. In the end his advice was " Go back and look again at things you posted a year or more back. Look at how many people have read the thread. Then come back and tell me you are not accomplishing anything."

So I did, and was amazed.
    And I had a little talk with the Lord, and he said that he was not unhappy with the results of my efforts. That I was having more effect on more people than I realized.

So I PM'd Charlie and said "Ok, thanks to you all is fixed. you can quit worrying."

And that was brother boaz in a nutshell. Always worried about, looking out for, and caring for others.

I have no fears for him, I know where he is. He is with the Lord, and at peace. And he is well respected in that company. He worked long, hard, and tirelessly for the Lord.

I miss him, but I think I am in good company. Many here miss him.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Live in the wonder that Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God slain, the King of kings,
    has conquered death, hell, and the grave. He is alive forevermore! Amen!
    Last edited by GhostHawk; 11-24-2021 at 10:28 PM.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    A shining example he was! That was his gift of the spirit and he used it well!

I was meditating and praying before heading out to work on "Thanksgiving Day", giving thanks and praying for my community. My prayer is for eyes to be opened, so we can see our blessings and honor the source of those blessings. God bless and keep you all!

Amen to all. I miss Charlie greatly and look forward to seeing him again, of which I have no doubt.
    God bless all and thank you Lord for the blessings we have received through Jesus Christ.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen, This is a great example of life giving power of eternity overcoming the grave and hell!

Moderator Emeritus

I met Boaz, Charlie, like we all did on the Cast Boolits website. I had a friend that was going to have to move from where we live to Wichita Falls to be closer to his daughters and doctors. My friend did not know anyone there and since he shared the similarities that Charlie had I wanted to introduce them to each other. Yet I wanted a face-to-face with Charlie first. When I met him it was like we had been friends for years. He was a true Christian in every aspect. We discovered that our birthdays were just a few days apart and we celebrated in person or via the phone.

I have been at his old business and I have witnessed his compassion and Christianity toward his fellow man on numerous occasions. Once a very young couple came in that were flat broken with bad tire and no cash. They had to make it to Ft. Worth and that just was not going to make it. Charlie had one of the workers help and get the car as ship shape as possible and sent them on their way without even mentioning money.....that was the kind of man Charlie was and I am so proud to have met him; became his brother; and shared in his life....God bless Boaz!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan