MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2RepackboxLoad Data
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything

Thread: Beeman 2027: Less than $150 USD?

Moderator Emeritus

Beeman 2027: Less than $150 USD?

I have been "eyeballing" the Beeman 2027 .177 PCP air pistol which is listed at several vendor sites (e.g., PA) priced less than $150.00 USD! A multi-shot 3,000psi fill coming with TWO 12-round magazines...wowsers! -- it sounds almost tooooo good to be true? I did a Google search for comments/reviews to find but one, which (my embarrassment here) is in Spanish language. Hence, this inquiry.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beeman 2027.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	292107
    I'm hoping one of you great folks may have some insight/reports on this promising-looking piece? Advertised, too, is it has a small fill-tank which enables easy pump-filling in field while still providing ample accurate shot firing...
    geo

https://hardairmagazine.com/news/new...target-pistol/

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA...topic=178882.0

"I haven't had much time to really check it out good but my first impression was WOW!
    Here are some specs that may be useful.
    My first concern was size of it. After further inspection it looks really large but in reality its the same length as the Prod at "18 long.
    I think that the stock having a bulky look makes the whole gun look massive but its well balanced and had no issues shooting off hand with one hand but I am sure that might change when this gun is scoped.
    Mine has very decent blueing and nicely finished wood for the price.
    The adjustable two stage trigger is very smooth and predictable with a 3 lb pull. manual safety.
    Weight comes in at 3 lbs 12 oz.
    12 shoot mag.
    Single shot tray.
    3000 psi fill no problem filling with a hand pump.
    This gun has a grip underlay adjustment to allow for a better fit of shooters hand.
    One thing I think was a nice touch is that the fill port is not exposed to the elements it has a sliding collar that covers the port when not in use.
    I was able to get a little shooting in and was shocked at the amount of velocity adjustment this thing has.
    Shooting 7 grain Rws pellets at low power I got 500 fps. Then I cranked it up to full power and clocked it at 915 fps.
    On low power its not to loud but on high power forget it, it sounds like a 22 mag. its definitely not back yard friendly.
    I hope to get it tuned and do some groups today. "

Not a lot of info out there on these. China made so quality may either way. Getting parts could be hard.

But for the price, seems interesting.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

"Well I was finally able to do some shot groups today and was pleased with how it performed. I went ahead and installed a BSA Edge 2x7x32 scope and was shooting Crosman 10.5 domes pellets at 750 Fps. at 22 yards. The gun is the most non-pellet picky gun that I have ever shot! It shot everything that I fed her with acceptable accuracy. (Crosman,JSb,Gammo,H&N,AA) The Crosman 10.5 were the least accurate of the bunch but for plinking they were fine with me and cheap. The JSb/AA were the best. (one hole groups).
    Now I did develop a slight problem. The pistol stopped holding air but luckily it was just a matter of snugging up the pressure gauge.
    Getting back to the trigger it may be a B-19 Trigger but the GRTlll trigger from my Storm would not work. The pistol would not cock so I tried the RC bearing mod with the same results. So there must be something different about it. I did lube it after putting it back stock and was able to get the pull weight down to 1 3/4 pounds.
    After all is said and done this was about the best bang for the buck pistol that I have ever bought and should get better as the barrel seasons.
    The only downside is the large grips but for my hands with the stop adjusted its not to bad and its well balanced even with the scope.
    I would like to get a barrel band for it but as I was told going in, that Beeman/Marksman will be of no help and that is very TRUE! They have NO customer service at all!! They don't respond to e-mails or phone calls. Maybe them being in Cal. and with the covid thing going on, they may be over whelmed? Its just a same to leave your customers hanging."
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    "... as I was told going in, that Beeman/Marksman will be of no help and that is very TRUE! They have NO customer service at all!! They don't respond to e-mails or phone calls. Maybe them being in Cal. and with the covid thing going on, they may be over whelmed? Its just a same to leave your customers hanging."

Thank you for the enlightening posts! It surely now sounds like this pistol is starting to shout, "Buy me, Geo!" from what you've shared. I recently heard that Dr. Robert Beeman passed away on 25 August -- perhaps that may have had an effect on their Customer Service, albeit Beeman is now but a subsidiary of a larger corp (Air Venturi?).

Thanks again!

geo

The company was sold off many years ago. Beeman was who got me started and I still have my first catalog from 1975 when I found out about them. My first HW35EB came from Beeman.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Grand Master
    I am on the lookout for a PCP air pistol as well. But I would not purchase this one. CS seems nonexistent and I worry about parts and service. A cheap gun that does not work is no bargain.

And frankly, the price is too low to inspire confidence. The lack of reviews is concerning;

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/b...-pistol?m=5189
    Don Verna

I looked at that PCP pistol too and was ready to buy one until I read the reviews at Pyramyd Air. Not reassuring. I think I'll just stick with my 2240 CO2 pistol. Gp

Moderator Emeritus

gpidaho -- You indeed have made some good observations. However -- I bit the bullet and ordered it. My socks were (figuratively, of course ) knocked off when the UPS truck delivered TODAY! My first observation is it looks remarkably good -- VERY pleasing to my eye. And... I received the instruction manual, two magazines, a spare o-ring; single pellet loading tray, and one teeny Allen wrench. The larger Allen wrench required to tighten hand holder piece was not in box, but this is a very minor defect as I have oodles of hex wrenches in both SAE and Metric at hand. What IS missing, however, is the DEGASSER TOOL. From the time spent in instructions vis it, I reckon it is a necessary tool to have on hand.
    OK -- I rang vendor -- Pyramid Air -- and got a very nice gentleman on 'phone, who advised I am not the first person to call/complain re this missing device! He apologized Pyramid Air has NONE, and gave me an eMail address -- no 'phone numbers -- to contact Beeman. The address given does not appear to work. Hence, then, I Googled Beeman and got a "contact us" page where I provided info re the missing piece.
    Maybe tomorrow I'll try to put some air in it with my Nomad II compressor -- definitely sans the Degasser tool filling to no more than 2,500psi! If I have any problems getting air into it (as others have written in reviews), etc... I'll just ask for a RO and send it back...
    (Happy U S Thanksgiving to all!)
    geo

Boolit Grand Master

I was on the fence too, but decided that it was cheap enough to give it a try and ordered one too. Apparently, there was a limited number available as right after I ordered mine, they went back on pre-order.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Grand Master
    The hope it works out for you guys! It will be a bargain if it does.
    Don Verna

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    The hope it works out for you guys! It will be a bargain if it does.
    Thank you! My plans to do a quick range test were thwarted by the heavy rain forecast to turn to snow in a bit forecast for today (*I* might melt ). Seriously, the quality of the furniture -- great looking real walnut stock material, CNC milled almost to perfection alone makes it appear to be more than just a good deal! Other than the missing part -- friends I told all pretty much voiced, "What do expect from mass-produced in China?" -- I am quite happy. The only slight disappointment I have to date are in sighting. To wit, it comes with nifty/modern fibre optics rear and front sight, which I am not a fan of (at least these -- as opposed to the ones on, say, a new-model Ruger six which almost "glow") and -- the unshrouded barrel is "all she wrote" -- with no place I can see where, say, a 'scope might be mounted. However -- a 12-shot repeater coming with two magazines and its great walnut -- WOW!!!
    (I hope to add a range report...(weather-wise) whenever...)
    geo

Boolit Grand Master

From what I've seen on the web, you have to remove the rear sight to put a scope mount on it.

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Looking forward to your testing George. Glad to hear the little pistol appears to be well made. Gp

Boolit Grand Master

I got it on Monday (very fast shipping) and first thing I did was to strip it down and inspect it. It was missing the degassing tool and one of the allen wrenches but did come with two magazines and two single shot trays. Fit and finish was good on both the wood and metal parts. The instructions are pretty useless, but anyone with a little experience in PCP's should have no problem. I cleaned the barrel (it was filthy) and charged the reservoir (about 50 pumps from empty). Since I live in an apartment, I was unable to check accuracy but, was able to run a couple of shots over my Chrony. The first five shots were erratic until the pressure stabilized. The initial velocity was 775 fps. with some Diasy wadcutters (7.87gr.), I reduced the hammer spring until I was getting 675 fps (my preferred velocity for .177 plinking). The trigger is so-so but that is a future project.

All in all, I think it is worth the money unless the accuracy test proves it is a dog.