Titan ReloadingLoad DataRepackboxWideners
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday, November 23

For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday, November 23

Good morning all. I'm having a hard time picking a message for today. There is so much on my mind (and in my in box), I'm going with this one. Have a safe and blessed day.

The Distraction of Contempt
    By Oswald Chambers
    Have mercy on us, O Lord, have mercy on us! For we are exceedingly filled with contempt
    . —Psalm 123:3

What we must beware of is not damage to our belief in God but damage to our Christian disposition or state of mind. “Take heed to your spirit, that you do not deal treacherously” (Malachi 2:16). Our state of mind is powerful in its effects. It can be the enemy that penetrates right into our soul and distracts our mind from God. There are certain attitudes we should never dare to indulge. If we do, we will find they have distracted us from faith in God. Until we get back into a quiet mood before Him, our faith is of no value, and our confidence in the flesh and in human ingenuity is what rules our lives.

Beware of “the cares of this world…” (Mark 4:19). They are the very things that produce the wrong attitudes in our soul. It is incredible what enormous power there is in simple things to distract our attention away from God. Refuse to be swamped by “the cares of this world.”

Another thing that distracts us is our passion for vindication. St. Augustine prayed, “O Lord, deliver me from this lust of always vindicating myself.” Such a need for constant vindication destroys our soul’s faith in God. Don’t say, “I must explain myself,” or, “I must get people to understand.” Our Lord never explained anything— He left the misunderstandings or misconceptions of others to correct themselves.

When we discern that other people are not growing spiritually and allow that discernment to turn to criticism, we block our fellowship with God. God never gives us discernment so that we may criticize, but that we may intercede.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master

Yes, Jesus never explained himself, but then He was always right. I'm not! But then, I don't need vindication, but humility. Not to justify but to apologize. Not explain, but to place myself vulnerable, admitting my error.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Amen, I have plenty of apologizing and error in my life!