Snyders JerkyInline FabricationWidenersLoad Data
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee Precision
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: Postage went up .... AGIAIN

Postage went up .... AGAIN

Just last week I mailed out 4 priority mail packages all for $8.40 each. Today I mailed out a small flat rate box and the postage was $9.20 ... an 80 cent increase in one week. It is almost getting to expensive to mail anything out. No one wants to pay that high postage.
    Ohio Rusty ><>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails postage.jpg  
    Last edited by Ohio Rusty; 11-22-2021 at 09:40 PM.
    "This is America !!, where many have fought and died for our right
    to celebrate our views with inflatable creatures in our yards ......."

Banned

9.20 to deliver a package from OH to ID in 2 days! Pretty reasonable in my opinion!

The holiday bump.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

The post office told me they no longer guarantee the small flat rate boxes two days. They says now it may be as long as a full week. At the end of summer it was $7.40.

Ohio Rusty ><>
    "This is America !!, where many have fought and died for our right
    to celebrate our views with inflatable creatures in our yards ......."

Boolit Master

Still the lowest amongst the industrialized countries.
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Yeah, but with COVID/Mad Cow they've done more business than ever with all the internet orders. Seems to me like price gouging.

I just got a package from MVA with “postage due $.95” they left the package in my mail box and I have no intention of paying them. USPS is the worst of all shippers in the world.

Boolit Master
    The increase occurred in early October. The local post office told me it was a temporary increase, until after the holidays. Surely, it will then increase again.

Boolit Master
    Keep in mind what is happening with inflation too, the value of the dollar is dropping quickly.

There was a thread on here some time ago about how the USPS was not able to guarantee 2day on priority packages through the holidays due to the staffing issues and the excessive volume they were anticipating this year.

FWIW, USPS is still way cheaper and more convenient for everyone I know on here. Their rates have to adjust with the cost of doing business just like everyone else’s. They are a business that needs to be profitable and as the “real minimum wage” (whatever employers have to pay to get workers in the door) goes up so too will the cost of goods and services. When McDonalds has to pay $17/hr in a small rural town and over $20/hr in the city to get workers you know everyone’s paying more than they used to for labor, that cost gets passed onto the consumer so the business can stay profitable. Simple economics at work. I expect we’ll see more increases before we’re done.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by smithnframe View Post
    9.20 to deliver a package from OH to ID in 2 days! Pretty reasonable in my opinion!
    Agree. I can’t drive it there myself for that price.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Your PO must be behind the times if you got the cheaper price a week ago. I have had to pay the higher price for a number of weeks - IIRC - it started back in October. I guess that their claim that the hike is just "temporary" for the holidays means it might even get there? No longer guaranteed 2 day Priority.

But . . . the difference of .80 and getting something from one end of the country to the other is still pretty reasonable IMHO.

The way things are so messed up now . . the cost of everything is going to keep climbing.

Boolit Master
    There are many holidays in the calendar year so,----which holiday are they referring to???
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master
    I am constantly mailing packages for wifey to our granddaughter on the East Coast. It does cost a bit. But they always get there.

The price to mail a SFRB is now $9.20 since October 21. You can put two SFRB in one Padded Flat Rate Envelope. It is a bit tight, but, they will fit.The charge currently is $9.30
    VOTE, VOTE, VOTE often. In dealing with potential dishonesty or corruption, Something you might keep in mind is a revealing quote by S.W. Erdnase in his book The Expert at the Card Table "Almost every ruse in the game is more or less dependent upon another one."
    Politicians are like babies diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. Mark Twain

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by StuBach View Post
    Keep in mind what is happening with inflation too, the value of the dollar is dropping quickly.

There was a thread on here some time ago about how the USPS was not able to guarantee 2day on priority packages through the holidays due to the staffing issues and the excessive volume they were anticipating this year.

FWIW, USPS is still way cheaper and more convenient for everyone I know on here. Their rates have to adjust with the cost of doing business just like everyone else’s. They are a business that needs to be profitable and as the “real minimum wage” (whatever employers have to pay to get workers in the door) goes up so too will the cost of goods and services. When McDonalds has to pay $17/hr in a small rural town and over $20/hr in the city to get workers you know everyone’s paying more than they used to for labor, that cost gets passed onto the consumer so the business can stay profitable. Simple economics at work. I expect we’ll see more increases before we’re done.
    PO here offering $19.06 hourly to deliver mail in their truck and can't get folks.