Load DataRotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Amazon account shenanigans.

Boolit Master

Amazon account shenanigans.

I went to order some new boot laces today and when I went to check out, the order amount was in INR rather than USD.

I find out that INR is the abbreviation for the Indian Rupee. I check and everything on my account looks normal. My country of record is still US.

So, I report the suspicious activity and change my password.

No idea why it would be doing that.

Anyone else experience this?
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

Getting worse. Just checked my email and noticed that the times of my emails were wrong. My email account time zone settings were from an Eastern European country.

Getting hacked!
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Banned
    That maybe the same glitch I had I ordered a toy from china and there was a charge in yen on it. I still don't know what it was for but its .79 cents USD.

I don't know if this is still good but try it. It is the elusive Amazon Customer Service number.

Amazon custormer Service

1-888-280-4331
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Getting worse. Just checked my email and noticed that the times of my emails were wrong. My email account time zone settings were from an Eastern European country.

Getting hacked!
    Sounds like you got backdoored.

Use a free app called Cports, you download it and run it, it will show you every connection on your network. You can google the IP of a connection and it will divulge quite a bit of information, you can neo trace this IP to any location on the globe. I found a guy in Israel on mine once when I was using winblowz8.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I'm no computer whiz and freely admit it . . . but is there any chance that the seller on Amazon where the bootlaces come form is actually in India? I don't know the ins and outs of how Amazon works . . but a thinking of sellers on eBay from other countries. GB as an example is shown in Pounds and then the approximate exchange value biut I'm guessing that when you buy form a foreign dealer on eBay, say through PayPal . . does it show up in Pounds or Pounds and USD equivalent?

There does seem to be some kinky things going on with Amazon at times though,. I get e-mails "showing" the Amazon logo about activity on my account and they are nothing but fishing expeditions to get your information. Make me wonder how many folks fall for it.

Vendor Sponsor

I get a TON of amazon phishing emails. Your account is suspended. Your account is LOCKED. Your payment card will expire soon. Your Prime membership (which I have NEVER had) expires soon. ALL of them LOOK authentic. Somehow my account is never locked, and nothing expires imagine that.

I forward all of these emails to stop-spoofing@amazon.com

Forwarding sends the headers and all the meta data that show where the email originated, everything they need to trace it's origin is intact.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Be very careful when even typing in Amazon.com
    If you misspell and don't catch it, you could be signing into a fake site. I don't expect that here.... And obviously never click in email link to go to almost any website, especially retail sites.

There are millions of folks selling stuff on amazon. I've a local guy who has an amazon store, was shipping most stuff from his house. Has started shipping cases to amazon and letting them fulfill the orders. Costa6him more, but more sales as the items come up first in search if amazon fullfills

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    When I buy razor blades, they come from Turkey.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

I get a lot of the phishing email too. I forward them to amazons spoof department.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

I'm completely hacked on everything. My Echo Dot is offline, my Fox News account was compromised. Seems I discover something off every time I check anything connected to the internet.

Banned

I don't get those emails but I do get spam calls on my phone of the same stuff. Your amazon prime account has been suspended, I too have never had a prime account and never will. I don't order from amazon often enough. Also get calls that my credit card security needs updating. Called my CC company, no such phone call from them.
    Years ago before cell phones and computers I got a call and a woman was saying she was with the company that sold me my monthly magazines. Before she could continue I asked what magazines I get, after repeating " the magazines you get every month. I told her I get Field and Stream from Field and Stream, and American Rifleman from the NRA, which company are you with. At this she cut the connection. I laughed for an hour. With my cell, if I don't recognize the calling number I don't answer. Then I listen to any voice mail and delete most because they're spam. I've thought about getting that robokiller app on my phone.

Boolit Master

I think this was what I expirenced a couple of weeks ago. I found the ink cartridge I needed for $26 and went to the info page to order it. They? went and fiddled the order form and when they got done the cost was $51 USD. I went back and erased everthing and bought locally.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Master

Got a phone call from a computer-voice lady at Amazon saying they had noticed what “appeared to be a fraudulent order for $700.00 on my account from Cleveland Oh. Push #1 to talk to customer service”. I hung up. My CC notifies me within seconds any time my card is used without me being present. Nothing from CC company and no recent orders on Amazon.

Boolit Master

I bought a fiberglas motorcycle part about a month ago. I though it was an English company, but turned out all their goods are made in Croatia, and the cost on E-Bay was in their currency. It showed up 3 weeks later as promised, and was a nice item, and the proper dollar amount was deducted from my account. So, everything isn't a scam, but you have to be careful.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    I'm completely hacked on everything. My Echo Dot is offline, my Fox News account was compromised. Seems I discover something off every time I check anything connected to the internet.
    You need to take that machine to somebody that can go in there and find your backdoor. You got a trojan on your box. Somebody is getting your keystrokes or your login/password every time you go online.

Banned
    The good ones these days are all Treet, Lord is ok.. but gah

Banned
    If in doubt, simply clear all amazon related cookies from your browser. Go to amazon homepage, log in, when you have cookies cleared out it will force you to revirify with password via email or text message

Had to re login this week, genuine amazon.