Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stapler

Boolit Master

Stapler

I need a good, reliable stapler. Arrow, Powershot - not so good. I mean, terrible. Just when you need them to work, they jam. I don't use them often but when I do, I expect them to fire.
    Any ideas?

Boolit Master
    A red Swingline.

Quote Originally Posted by jim147 View Post
    A red Swingline.
    Milton, "Don't take my red stape-ler".
    Last edited by Winger Ed.; 11-18-2021 at 07:42 PM.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    I completely neglected to mention that I'm looking for a hand held stapler gun. The kind that I had in my hand that carapped out an hour ago trying to staple a blue tarp over the repair I'm doing on the outside of my house with rain on the way.

Boolit Master
    I have 3 different Arrow regular all metal staplers that have been trouble free. I also have a hammer tacker stapler which is great for tarpaper, signs and targets, all metal but the rubber grip. Oh and an all metal swingline paper stapler on my desk.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master

A Duo Fast C5000 works for me. You can adjust the amount of power it takes to staple.

gmsharps

Boolit Master
    Whenever my staplers have jammed up, I give them a shot of penetrating oil, and blow them out with the air hose. Usually find a mangled up staple stuck in there somewhere , causing the malfunction. The strip of staples is usually the cause of the jam.

Boolit Master
    When my neighbor moved a few years ago he gave me a bunch of tools and one of them is a Duo Fast stapler that I just dug out of the collection. It's old and seems to be frozen up, but I'll work on it.

Boolit Master
    Make sure you are using the correct staples for the tool, the wrong staples will stop things fast. I try to keep all staple guns using the same ones. Don't load with short sticks of staples, I have learned that will potentially cause issues.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Boolit Master

Depends on what your intended purpose for the stapler is, but I do think the Harbor Freight air stapler is a great tool. I got the bright idea to line my attic space with mylar using a regular handheld stapler, what a PITA. But once I started using the air stapler, man I tell you that I not only got done faster, but used many more staples because I didn't space them out as much as I did when using the handheld. The Banks brand is actually pretty good, I have the pin nailer too, man that is one great tool.

https://www.harborfreight.com/collec...ler-58222.html
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Grand Master

I can't speak for the cheap plastic ones, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with an Arrow T50 heavy duty staple gun. Mine is around 10 years old. Never once jammed, never once failed to work. I mostly use it for targets, 1/2" into thin wood or cardboard, but have used it with some 3/4" staples, and it will even drive those in with no issue.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    Milton, "Don't take my red stape-ler".
    Great movie!
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

Boolit Grand Master

I have several of the Arrow T 50 staplers that have seldom missed a beat. all metal and good. I have a couple of the hammer type that work well also, these are normally used for installing insulation or tasks where pin point placement isnt required.These you swing like hammer very fast stapling. [COLOR="#EE82EE"]Not recommended for those who hit their thumbs though.

Quality staples make a big difference in the staplers reliability also

Boolit Master
    I use staple guns a lot. In my work, and on my gun range for targets. I have found that the Bostitch has become my favorite brand & most often used. I have several Arrow T50 ones,, that don't always seem as reliable as my Bostitch. I even have an older hand help paper stapler by Bostitch (B8 Plier) that has seen a lot of use now for a few decades. Don't even know if they make it anymore.

Boolit Master
    Make sure you get good staples. I checked staples from Walmart, (Black&Decker?) against the Arrow brand, cheaper staples measured .020 against .025 for Arrow. Significant difference in feeding and penetration, an occasional shot of spray lube, drop of 3-1 oil helps with occasional cleaning.

Boolit Master

I think I bought my Arrow T-50 in 1973 or 74. It will jamb on occasion, most times because I’m using up short sticks of staples (that I’ve had since 73 or 74).
    Squeezing the lever to drive a staple seems more difficult than it was 45 years ago. I need to oil it some day. Then again squeezing the oil can is more difficult too.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jim147 View Post
    A red Swingline.
    Thank you... just thank you for that!
    .... in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Last edited by skeettx; 11-19-2021 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Ebay links not allowed. Please.
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master
    I think, for what you want it for, a power stapler with longer heavy gauge staples might be a good but relatively pricey option. My club uses Ryobi staplers that will hold plywood onto stick lumber frames for outdoor tables and props. A tarp would be effortless (to put down; getting off might be problematic).

Boolit Master
    We used the Arrow staplers because staples were available everywhere. We used them for various tasks in house building but mostly for roofing felt/tarpaper install on the roof deck or plywood braces for framing before Tyvek house wrap. Because the slap tackers especially took a whooping, on the weekends the head was soaked over the weekend in mineral spirits to lube and remove the tar build up. We kept some lighter fluid around, the stuff for lighting the charcoal, to clean and lube the staple magazine. Compressed air blows out the the excess. Works good on all metal firearm mags too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast