Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxReloading Everything
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forming .32-20 (.32 WCF) Brass

Best to call. They were the only place I could get dies and brass for my 327 fed a couple of years ago. Not even RCBS had the dies but Huntington's did. Forgot a shell holder when placing order sent an email late on a Sunday when I remembered. Did not hear anything so figured I was out of luck but when the package got to me the shell holder was there. Mr. Huntington started RCBS then sold to Blount. They are great to work with.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Quote Originally Posted by cwtebay View Post
    Now I definitely know that I have come full circle!!!! I made Nagant brass from 32-20 for 20 years!!
    Excellent idea though if you have surplus Nagant around!
    I am reminded of a fella that was making 30-40 brass from 35 WCF.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Any trick to forming nagant brass from 32-20? Just run it through the nagant die? I have lots of 32-20 brass and was given a nagant pistola that is like new. Certainly don't need another cartridge to load but figure I got the gun so may as well shoot it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Any trick to forming nagant brass from 32-20? Just run it through the nagant die? I have lots of 32-20 brass and was given a nagant pistola that is like new. Certainly don't need another cartridge to load but figure I got the gun so may as well shoot it.
    You might want to market some of your 32-20 brass - it’s worth its weight in gold…

Boolit Master

Tag for interest. Thinking of trading for a Winchester 43 in .218 Bee. Will need cases of course.
    De Oppresso Liber

Irag: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09',15', 16',22-23'
    Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17'-21'

Quote Originally Posted by HWooldridge View Post
    You might want to market some of your 32-20 brass - it’s worth its weight in gold…
    Gold you can buy anywhere - the brass, not so much!
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    Gold you can buy anywhere - the brass, not so much!
    Amen - ye olde hens’ teeth are more available…

Boolit Mold
    Went through the process of using 7.62 Nagant brass to make 32-20 and they worked fine in handgun but not in my Marlin 1894 CL. They chamber fine and extract from chamber fine but won’t eject out of receiver. Think it is a head thickness issue.

Being a 30-20 shooter, BF, Contender, Merrill, most all single shot modern guns are made with a .308 barrel with 1-10 twist. I have the dies and expanders for the 30-20 version. However, it is necessary to have the brass to start with to make the 32-20 and/or the 25-20. When the brass comes around, good idea to buy it.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

I found 150 rnds of once fired nagant brass at a gun show and loaded it with a #3 tool and 3118 boolits. shoots great out of my savage sporter doesn't eject due to rim diameter on every round but some do but if I could get real 32-20 brass ...

Boolit Grand Master

If everyone puts an order in to Starline they may actually make some again.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    If everyone puts an order in to Starline they may actually make some again.
    I sent them a note asking that very question but they haven’t responded - either yea or nay.

They will not allow you to order 32 WCF and many other calibers. I have had 41 Long Colt on order for many years. Still nothing and they allow orders on that one.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by HWooldridge View Post
    I sent them a note asking that very question but they haven’t responded - either yea or nay.
    Similar situation with .480 Ruger brass; only two sources, Starline and Hornady. Hornady has decided to only sell ammo in that flavor, and Starline isn't accepting orders.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Buddy

Wonder if anyone has formed 25-20 WCF out of Privi Partisan 7.62 Nagant? I have a bag of once fired. My Winchester 92' will smile!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockindaddy View Post
    Wonder if anyone has formed 25-20 WCF out of Privi Partisan 7.62 Nagant? I have a bag of once fired. My Winchester 92' will smile!
    I wondered the same thing as most of my .25-20 is reformed .32-20 brass.

I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I probably am not going to do it -- at least not soon. My .25-20 is a single shot and I have sufficient brass on hand, at least for now.

Robert

Grafs has PPU Nagant brass for sale.
    If I had a 32-20 I’d be getting some NOW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Funny ,a while back I was at a shop,they had a huge plastic bag of Starline 32-20 unprimed as a special .......woman at the counter said there were too many short cases to sell retail.........I checked it out ,and there were maybe five improperly formed cases in hundreds .....anyhoo,bought the bag......shoulda bought small primers as well .

Boolit Master

Sgammo.com has loaded PPU 7.62 ammo in stock now, at a very reasonable price. I squirreled some away, just in case a 32-20 appears in my safe before brass is again available. I keep an eye on the Starline website, hoping that they will someday make a run of 32-20.
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Boolit Master
    Winchester and Remington both used to produce 32-20 brass, but that supply has also dried up. I believe I have more Winchester brass in my stash than Starline.

Boolit Master
    My answer for the 32-20 is instead shoot .30 Herret. I source 30-30 Win, do the conversion and do not look back.

Lots of people ran away from the Herret because it was too much trouble, but I can convert a lot of easy to find brass instead of looking for hard to find stuff.

Of course I had to get a Contender carbine barrel in 25-20 and step right in the bear trap after all! But I got that itch scratched thanks to our dearly departed Grumpa a while back.

It just goes round and round doesn’t it?

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12