Reloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fed Ex Terrible Service

Boolit Master
    My FedEx driver just brought a package into the office. It had definitely been through the wringer! She knows that we know most everyone around so figured she would ask. It was a package shipped on 22 November TWENTY TWENTY!!!
    Shipped from Seattle.... USPS. USPS apparently claims that the recipient signed for the package!!
    It was found in the ditch in the snow beside where she was getting dug out of BTW.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I have a scope coming tomorrow via fedex. I sure hope the driver don't throw it.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

I've never had a complaint with FedEx except that time the driver got stuck where we were putting up a building. She thought the mud looked like gravel.

Monday I checked the tracking on package. It was picked up in St. Paul, Minnesota that morning. The next afternoon at 1:30 the driver handed me the package in my driveway in Ohio. That is fast service.
    Chuck

Boolit Master

Scope came safe and sound. The driver sat it down on the inside of my gate.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlofPa. View Post
    Good to hear!
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAlofPa. View Post
    Always nice to hear good news these days, I am happy for you many of us have had horror stories to tell.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    Got my oil filters today.

Delivery took five weeks exactly.

Boolit Grand Master

I finally got my rifle today. Looking at the tracking history, the rifle has been to more states in the past month than I have in my lifetime. Here is the really bizarre part. I've got a door on the back of my house that must have used to have a porch or something, but doesn't anymore. I have a homemade step there for emergencies, otherwise the door is not used. I put up a curtain inside the door to block light, as it shines right into my TV in the living room. I have never once shoveled to that door. I work nights, so today while asleep I'd guess 9:30am I hear knocking, look out my window, and see nothing. I went outside to shovel and noticed tracks around the house. This stupid guy walked through a 3 foot tall snow drift, around the house, to a door with no real steps, with a curtain in the window, and then signed off on a RIFLE that required my signature, and left. It's pretty windy. The tracks are already mostly gone. If I hadn't been out there right away, I might not have found the all-white box for some time. Nothing looks battered, but the front sight is busted.

In the mean time I ordered something else from Cabelas shipped Fedex, it was originally in SW Wisconsin, and after a week it is now drifting somewhere around the east coast. Last week I also ordered some reloading stuff via USPS that was here in 3 days, and something from Midway that shipped by UPS that was here in 2 days.

And that's the last time I allow anything important to be shipped by Fedex.
    Last edited by megasupermagnum; 01-05-2022 at 01:45 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    I finally got my rifle today. Looking at the tracking history, the rifle has been to more states in the past month than I have in my lifetime. Here is the really bizarre part. I've got a door on the back of my house that must have used to have a porch or something, but doesn't anymore. I have a homemade step there for emergencies, otherwise the door is not used. I put up a curtain inside the door to block light, as it shines right into my TV in the living room. I have never once shoveled to that door. I work nights, so today while asleep I'd guess 9:30am I hear knocking, look out my window, and see nothing. I went outside to shovel and noticed tracks around the house. This stupid guy walked through a 3 foot tall snow drift, around the house, to a door with no real steps, with a curtain in the window, and then signed off on a RIFLE that required my signature, and left. It's pretty windy. The tracks are already mostly gone. If I hadn't been out there right away, I might not have found the all-white box for some time. Nothing looks battered, but the front sight is busted.

In the mean time I ordered something else from Cabelas shipped Fedex, it was originally in SW Wisconsin, and after a week it is now drifting somewhere around the east coast. Last week I also ordered some reloading stuff via USPS that was here in 3 days, and something from Midway that shipped by UPS that was here in 2 days.

And that's the last time I allow anything important to be shipped by Fedex.
    Yikes!

I've had FedEx drop packages off at my side door that is similar to yours; never used and you have to try hard to find it. Leaving a rifle in the snow at non-used door is criminal.

Buddy at work ordered an item and it is two weeks late and currently stuck at the Troutdale, OR facility. The same one mine sat at for a week.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Grand Master

Your kidding. This rifle was stuck in Troutdale, OR as well for about a week.

Another FedEx horror story. Last week tracking sent me an email that a package was delivered and left on my porch. I live in a rural area, one neighbor within a mile and I was home all day. No package anywhere on my property or my neighbors. Not to mention that the original tracking said it was to be delivered almost a week early with no updates until the delivery one. From now on, UPS, USPS or I don’t want it.

Vendor Sponsor

I deal with UPS , USPS and Fed Ex on a near daily basis. They all have their issues but Fed Ex is by FAR the worst of the 3. Bad Tracking , bad delivery estimates , Absolutely the worst for not delivering on the day they say your package is ON THE TRUCK for delivery THAT day. and nearly NO customer service
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

I was actually surprised at FedEx delivery this past SUNDAY. Sunday, can you believe it!?? The delivery person actually drove up my icy and steep driveway. Since it's a circular driveway and the upper driveway has a much gentler slope, designed for easy access in snow and ice, I told him about it. I tell them all about it but maybe they have no way to add notes to addresses?
    Let's go Brandon!

It's been usps lately for me. Had a package I sent to OK show delivered, but recipient did not receive, so I sent replacement. $30 item, so no insurance. I've been looking for a roll of 3d printer material. 10 days over due, and USPS now shows it was put in my mailbox a week ago. No, I've had mail pretty much daily and it wasn't ever there, unless I have a neighbor stealing and I don't think so. Another $25 out of my pocket as the seller ain't gonna replace. argh

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I had Fedex drop off a big rolled up rug addressed to someone, some place else.
    I called 'em and told them about it.
    The kid told me I had to take it to one of their hubs. Here, that's about 50 miles away.

I started laughing, and they asked me what was so funny.
    I told them my address, that I wasn't taking it anywhere, and if they wanted it, they could come get it.
    Otherwise, the next time I had a garage sale, I'd sell it.

The next day, a driver came and picked it up.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Now last week, I got a FedEx delivery from The USA four days before the earliest estimated delivery date.

A Lyman ladle from Amazon.

Boolit Master

I started as an aircraft mechanic with Fedex in 1980 (2 yrs. after the company started). Through the 80's it was a great company for all the employees and a top notch delivery service. As they entered the 90's they started treating the delivery and warehouse people less well in their search for profits and currently it appears to be worse. I retired in '05 and things were still good in AC maintenance for mechs but like all corporations the bean counters rule. I'm really sorry to see the company going downhill. My avatar is a pic I took one morning of an incoming flight, love those 727's!
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Grand Master

I checked my tracking, and found that my package from Cabelas had been delivered Thursday, 4 days late when it originally left only 300 miles away. I checked yesterday, and yep, the delivery guy put it underneath the homemade steps to my back door despite the note on the door. Now he is doing this on purpose.

Still no word on the damages caused to the rifle. How dumb would it be if they are going to fight me over a $50 front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    How dumb would it be if they are going to fight me over a $50 front sight.
    They'll make ANY claim as hard to collect as possible,
    if for no other reason than to discourage others from trying to do it.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    I have two packages coming FedEx today and one usps. My usps driver normally brings my packages down the long drive to the house even if they are small. He likes to chat. We got two inches of snow yesterday and it's not enough to plow. I use a case 580K backhoe. Wife is heading out to watch the grandkids since school delays and I will be taking the garbage out to the road for pick up. This will put three sets of tracks in the driveway. Mail should come around noon and that will make two more sets one in and one out. I will bet any amount of money I never see a FedEx truck today. Any takers? Just kidding I don't bet even when it's a sure thing.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast