Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fed Ex Terrible Service

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    My experience has been that the drivers of all the companies lie as to why they couldn’t deliver.

Boolit Master

Had a package from Home Depot that was scheduled to be delivered last Saturday; didn't arrive. They rescheduled the delivery for Monday by the end of the day; didn't arrive. I checked the FedX website for the scheduled/re-schedule date and found the notice that "there is no scheduled date for delivery". Contacted Home Depot and they just blew it off. It's only a little over $100 but I need the product to complete a job I'm on.

Boolit Master
    Ordered primers from Brownells last Wednesday. Fedex sent a text saying the primers would be delivered on Friday. Nothing showed up on Friday and the package was still sitting in Grinnel Iowa on Friday night 45 miles away. Saturday I checked and the primers were supposed to be delivered later that day. Saturday night the primers were in Chicago 345 miles away. On Monday they showed up in Grimes, Iowa 10 miles away. They were set to be delivered on Monday. It's Tuesday at 6:00 PM and they still are showing as in Grimes IA and "in transit". Whatever that means...

Boolit Master

Saw a privately owned Ground truck tonight with a "In God We Trust" license plate; definitely not a corporate truck. Plus he was hustling.

Boolit Master
    Fedex disappoints again. The package was at the local distribution point Sunday, sat there all day Monday. Email at 3 am Tuesday says on the truck for delivery today. When I check to see why it isn't here it's back at the distribution point, delivery scheduled for tomorrow.

Fourth screw up in a row.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

FedEx has had a purchase of mine for over three weeks and it has traveled from North Carolina To Colorado where it stalled for sometime then instead of heading on to Idaho it went to Indiana, Ohio, Back to South Carolina and hopefully back to sender in North Carolina so I can get a refund on a near $400 purchase. I'm still not sure if package (ammunition) was stolen or if it will make it back to sender. Not impressed with FedEx. Gp

Boolit Master

Had a positive FedEx experience today while I was at work. They brought my optic adapter from Springfield Armory so I could mount my Vortex Venom on my new pistol.

I got an alert on my phone that there was motion at my front door, so I pulled up the camera doorbell and saw a female FedEx employee walk up with my little envelope, look at my armed garden gnome by the front door and smile, then read my sign on the door that says "Hippies use back door", and laugh and gently put my package inside the storm door so it wouldn't get wet or be seen from the street.

Couldn't ask for much better.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

even blind squirrels get a nut every now and then.

Boolit Master
    They blew it again, package on the truck, out for delivery, not.

I wish I had control other than stop doing business with those who use fedex. There is almost never a choice of shippers at checkout.

Edit: So I called and complained and they delivered the package the same day, only 2 days late. I was so surprised I had to post. Thought I was yelling at the wind.
    Last edited by Mal Paso; 12-10-2021 at 07:30 AM.
    Mal

Boolit Master

Getting nervous waiting on FedEx now.

Ordered a new set of tires from Discount Tire. Done it many times. They usually show up at my door within 3-4 days. Ordered them on the 8th. I got a tracking number and on the FedEx website, it just says they are "In Transit". For a week? Delivery date is "Pending".

I was really hoping to get the new tires on before I drove to Seattle next week for Christmas. My current tires are great in deep, slushy snow, but not so good on hard-packed snow and ice. The pass is regularly closed to vehicle traffic unless you have chains or tires with the 3-peak snowflake designation.

The tires are coming from Perris, California. I have heard that shipping times are ridiculously long now due to America sliding into 3rd world status.

EDIT: Just refreshed the tracking info and they were scanned today in Portland, OR! So only 6 days to go 1000 miles. Only 350 miles left to go! That gives me 3 days wait, theoretically...
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Bub
    Two months ago I sent a pistol in for warranty work. I was told that an adult signature with ID was required for delivery. The *** driver dropped the box on my porch, never rang the door bell, wrote the wrong name on his iPad & drove off. I barely caught a glimpse of the truck and ran out to grab my package. I called the factory & FedEx both screaming. Never heard back from either one.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    They blew it again, package on the truck, out for delivery, not.

I wish I had control other than stop doing business with those who use fedex. There is almost never a choice of shippers at checkout.

Edit: So I called and complained and they delivered the package the same day, only 2 days late. I was so surprised I had to post. Thought I was yelling at the wind.
    I ordered a package.. delivery failed 2 days in a row.. I have a gate out by the road and a drop box.. I get packages every day. Whatever new fedup driver they have on my route is not the sharpest tool in the shed.. I called and complained and low and behold it finally got delivered. next fedup package keeps getting 'delayed' and the delivery date keeps walking. was supposed to be here saturday... then monday.. then tuesday.. then wednesday.. now they are saying next monday.. ***?

Vendor Sponsor

Fed Ex and DHL both suck eggs. I do not know how they stay in business
    I have had a next day air truck and then 2 ground trucks make a delivery on the same day.
    Now their distribution center is 50 miles from me thats poor route planning.
    On the other hand I have had them post multiple days in a row ...attempted delivery no on home to a BUSINESS address open 5 days a week
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post
    Fed Ex and DHL both suck eggs. I do not know how they stay in business
    I have had a next day air truck and then 2 ground trucks make a delivery on the same day.
    Now their distribution center is 50 miles from me thats poor route planning.
    On the other hand I have had them post multiple days in a row ...attempted delivery no on home to a BUSINESS address open 5 days a week
    Attempted delivery is code for they didn't try. They started doing that here. CS said Nope, package never left the facility.
    Mal

Boolit Master

Why do they let them get away with that?

I have some primers being shipped from Brownells, hope they get here ok. My Fedex guy is the best! been coming to my house for 5 yrs or longer. He did tell me hiring good people is dismal at best and privete delivery companies are awful too. Hard to believe a virus could do this but with Biden giving away money it is what it is. just happy to being finally getting some large pistol primers after looking for months and months. yeah, I had to pay rip off prices so I won't be shooting test loads much, just loads I already have worked up.

Boolit Grand Master

@Idaho45guy, you have to remember we are right in the crook of the Christmas season. I'm not appreciative of how the country is going either, but I don't think shipping in mid to late December was ever quick. How could it be. They hire temporary drivers just for this month.

I've had issues with all the major deleivery guys, UPS, Fedex, USPS, and Speedee. I have had a problem unique to Fedex though, actually I'm still having the problem. I sent a rifle to a gunsmith in Oregon for custom work last year, and almost forgot about it. Finally I found out the work was done and ready to ship. I made absolutely certain to give my address, and he said he wrote it down. I even sent an email to confirm. It was also on the money order I sent for payment. Lo and behold, he sent it to my old address. I didn't catch the screw up until a day before it arrived. He had tried to update delivery address like you can with UPS, but Fedex will not do it. The idiots tried to deliver it anyway, and luckily the rifle was denied at the door. The gunsmith was then able to request it sent back to him, as they would not ship it to me. So the rifle has now been on the road from OR to MN over about 10 days, and has now been going back to OR for about 10 days, and should be there tomorrow. It has passed right by my house twice, once in Huron, SD, and once in Fargo, ND. Hopefully it will then be right back on the road back to my house, and maybe I'll see it right away next year. Then I have to pray a month or more of rattling around a truck did not undo all that fancy bedding and accuratizing of my M1A.

Boolit Master

Not looking good. Snow storm hitting tonight and continuing the next couple of days with about a foot of snow hitting. Checked Fedex tracking site and they have not moved in 3 days and are now officially "Delayed" in Troutdale, Oregon. I typed "Troutdale" in a Google search to see where in Oregon it is and it is a suburb of Portland.

What was alarming was most of the Google search results were about why that Fedex facility is so slow. One article was saying how Fedex is saying they have a huge shortage of workers and used that facility as an example of the worst. Great.

So, the bright side is that my current tires are OK, and do great in heavy slushy snow, which is what is forecast. So no big deal. I'll just have to ask my neighbor to go move the tires from my front porch to the garage if they show up while I'm in Seattle.

Boolit Master
    My Rockauto oil filters from USA were supposed to come Dec 13 th. Taxes and customs pre-paid.

Tracking still shows that date estimate with a note "delayed,delivery date not known". They have been in Vantaa, Finland for a week now.

My Suburban winter oils are waiting and it's getting cold.

Boolit Master

Yay! Status of the tires is now updated for delivery on Monday, before end of day. Getting them installed Tuesday. Hopefully.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast