Inline FabricationLoad DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Fed Ex Terrible Service

Boolit Buddy
    Having a bit of a FedEx nightmare myself. Bought a Dillon 550B from a fellow member here, and neglected to ask him to not use FedEx. Well, sure enough. . .

Disappeared for a week after it got to Phoenix, with no delivery date estimate. Then suddenly, a few days after it was already due, it showed up in NJ and finally made its way over. Well, almost made it. I got a notification it had been delivered and I figured maybe they skipped the signature and just dropped it off, which should have been OK since it's a pretty rural for CT and would have been safe.

But come to find out they said someone signed for it with a different initial and my last name. That's not possible since no one was home and anyway that's not where anyone else related to me lives! Part of me hopes that they dropped it off to some neighbor down the road and they'll bring it around, but why would they forge a signature if so? Another possibility is that the driver checked it off as signed and delivered but didn't drop it off.

The package is insured for about what I paid for the items, but not for the shipping cost, and honestly I got a decent deal so I doubt I'd be able to replace what I bought with the insurance payout. And I expect the claim process to be a real headache, especially with the fraudulent signature. My hope is that the insurance aspect will put a bit more of a fire under their butts to get the package back to me. They must have some sort of record of the actual location the driver went to, and I'm betting it wasn't the actual address.

Either way, I started the claims process, and got a bunch of calls from an unknown number (which I don't answer) and then a text asking if I had gotten the package. Now they say they're investigating, for whatever that's worth, and to have the seller initiate lost package procedures if it's not in my hands tomorrow.

From now on I'm definitely going to request no FedEx and if anything is coming through them I'll have them hold it at a location and go pick it up. They really seem to fail at "the last mile".

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    They'll make ANY claim as hard to collect as possible,
    if for no other reason than to discourage others from trying to do it.
    Yep, after a week of nonsense, Ted Brown is just going to take the hit and send me a new front sight. Fedex is worthless.

Boolit Bub
    I’ve had a couple awful experiences with fedex in the last few months. I did eventually receive everything but one was roughly three weeks late. I contacted them after about a week and a half and they said they dropped it off at the post office for final delivery and it was out of their hands. Then miraculously a week or so later my I get a tracking notification that it’s in a fedex truck out for delivery. Couldn’t figure out how that happened if the gave it to usps for final delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boolit Master
    So my FedEx was said to be delivered on Monday tracking said delivered but it wasnt.. It was on my porch today when I got home. Oh well at least its here.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

No complaints about the 3 recent boxes from a new supplement co. or Fed ex.

Boolit Buddy
    It's pretty telling that Reddit has subreddits for FedEx, UPS, USPS, DHL, and probably any other delivery company you can think of. The posts on the UPS one are largely about getting a job there, USPS has many of the same, DHL is questions about how to do stuff. FedEx, the top post is the "Theft Megathread", a place to put all the threads about theft by FedEx. Big topic is employees stealing PS5 game systems, which come in boxes prominently advertising what they are.

As one user put it:

What you described is what I'm afraid of. FedEx has turned into a legalized theft operation. As long as management is shielded, then the mid and lower levels do literally whatever they want. In this case "lose" your package, give you the run around until you get a refund from the seller, and then FedEx personnel keep the goods.
    This in a discussion about a manufacturer whose medical devices are routinely listed as delivered by FedEx when they were not.

I certainly know what kind of company I would like to support, and to not support.

Boolit Master
    It's s mess.

I bought an expensive book in november, FedEx did everything right and fast,including customs clearing. I paid their bill december 9th.

Now I got a letter to pay that bill immediately - or send a PAPER RECEIPT to the " address above ". No email or phone to contact.

I emailed a receipt to some FedEx Finland addy I had, no reply...

Boolit Master

Im having a bit of a delay with my RCBS order.
    Updated delivery:
    Pending
    Initially expected: Thursday, 1/13/2022
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master
    I have another one. Package sat for a week without being scanned. I cancel the order when it doesn't arrive by the due date. The package is found and shipped to Orlando Thursday and it sits there until Monday then magically gets here Tuesday (plane?) but the driver can't deliver it within Fedex's time window. He has to drive past my house and deliver some other packages first.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master

I ordered a bunch of stuff a week or so ago and all of it was delivered via either the USPS or UPS. Seems retailers are avoiding FedEx.

Good. All the items arrived on time and in good shape.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    I know I am avoiding Fed Ex if I can. Going to place a order with Titan for some lee molds. They will let me use UPS over Midways Fed Ex. Going to cost me more but I dont care.

Boolit Buddy
    Well, I finally got my RL550 through FedEx. I had filed a police report and let them know, also the member who shipped it informed them. About a week later (last night), it showed up between bed time and leaving for work. Apparently the FedEx fairy showed up!

Someone had opened the package and explored the contents a bit, but everything was there and nothing was damaged. Disappointing but it turned out ok in the end. Just a lot of hassle and wasted time to get what should have been a simple result!

Not sure if the driver took the package and wanted to keep it, or if they dropped it off at Random Road instead and the actual recipient finally got around to bringing it by. Someone definitely forged the signature, but at this point I'm happy to have my stuff!

Boolit Master
    Sunday FedEx dropped a package off on our front porch except its not ours. We looked at the assessors website but can't find that name or address anyplace. I thought if it was someone close I would just drive it over. I called FedEx and explained what happened and gave him the tracking number and our address. Sunday they said they would get it picked up and delivered to the proper address. Its still sitting here as I type.

Boolit Master
    Well, here I go again. Ordered the parts to fix the PCP rifle and they were shipped fedex. Good heavens. Said to arrive 1/31 we will see.

I placed an order with Titan Reloading and paid almost 20 dollars to ship ups over going with midway using fedex. Its a crapshoot.

Argh. USPS, I've got 3 packages headed this way. two look like they will make it, one just popped up addressee unknown, returning to sender. I've been here 6 years.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    FedEx brought me a box of frozen Florida oranges yesterday......
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post
    Argh. USPS, I've got 3 packages headed this way. two look like they will make it, one just popped up addressee unknown, returning to sender. I've been here 6 years.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    This is not a fedex gripe rather a usps gripe. I share after reading your post.

Due to C19 My town hall is closed and you have to mail in your property taxes. So, I drive by the town hall and the Tax collector's house. She lives across the street. I drive to the post office and get a money order, stamp, and drive home to address the envelope. Walk out to the mailbox 1400-foot driveway and mail it. Post man picks it up drives it past the town hall and to the post office. It gets send an hour away and sorted then returns to the post office. New post man puts it in the car and claims they cannot find the address; it returns to the post office. Postmaster tells the driver all this mail is for the town hall how could you miss it. Next day in the car again and back to the post office. Gets returned to sorting facility and back to my post office. Out in the car a third time and put back in my box one half a mile from the town hall. I drive it to the Tax collectors house, and she won't answer the door. Stuck it under her windshield wiper. Took a picture. Called her and told her to forget about the Favour she ask me for last week.

Been dyeing to tell that to someone other than the wife. You cannot fix stupid.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post
    Sunday FedEx dropped a package off on our front porch except its not ours. We looked at the assessors website but can't find that name or address anyplace. I thought if it was someone close I would just drive it over. I called FedEx and explained what happened and gave him the tracking number and our address. Sunday they said they would get it picked up and delivered to the proper address. Its still sitting here as I type.
    After calling Fed Ex to come and pick up the package at out place they never showed to get it. I saw the Fed Ex truck in the area everyday.

Yesterday we had to go to town so I took the package and dropped it off at the Fed EX office. Fed Ex could care less about freight.

Boolit Master

Springfield Armory is returning my new 10mm handgun frame to me via FedEx. Crap. I went to the website to try and change the delivery method from "signature required" to "leave on front porch". No dice. It is scheduled to be delivered on Monday before 8pm. I work Swing Shift from 2:30 to 11:00 Pm. I tried to leave instructions saying OK to leave with neighbor across street, or no signature required.

FedEx would not let me change anything. I even created an account in an attempt to gain some insider info. No dice. I guess I'll have to see what sort of idiocy FedEx pulls when delivering my pistol frame.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    Nope not for a gun frame.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456