Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders Jerky
RepackboxInline FabricationWidenersReloading Everything
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: I am in need of some information about a Ruger M77 tang safety rifle

Moderator Emeritus

I am in need of some information about a Ruger M77 tang safety rifle

I have a 1974 Ruger M77 tang safety rifle in 308 Winchester. I am looking for information where I might locate a replacement floor plate (or if Ruger M77 Mk II or other rifle) floor plate will fit my old rifle....if someone can point me in the right direction I would be appreciative.....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

I'm not totally sure, Paul but I don't think Ruger changed the floorplate for the MK2 so I'd call Ruger first, then Numrich or Bob's if need be.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Looks like your only option is to watch some of the auction sites or ebay in hopes of finding one. There are some replacement parts for the long actions, but nothing for the short actions. Guess I better make sure I don't loose the floor plate for my M77V in 22-250!
    Bill

Moderator Emeritus

I got a call from Ruger this morning, in regards to an email I sent them yesterday, and Bonnie told me that the Hawkeye floor plate will fit my rifle....a $55.00 fix and it will be bright blue steel....bty.....the long action Hawkeye will not fit the older M77's.....only the short action will fit.....I have always had great help from their customer service and have been a fan since 1970's!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Great to here. I always had good service from Ruger.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Good to know. My tang safety 7-08 is a work horse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Buddy
    My first new CF was a tang safety M77 sporter in 6mmRem. It's not going anywhere while I'm here.

Moderator Emeritus

I am dedicated to it....looks like it has been through the great war....but I love it.....it is very accurate and my go to rifle! Thanks for the suggestions and the support!