Inline FabricationLoad DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: Modifying a Saeco top punch to fit a RCBS lubrisizer.

Modifying a Saeco top punch to fit a RCBS lubrisizer.

Guess title says it all.

Anybody modify the shank on a Saeco style top punch to fit a Lyman/RCBS style lubrisizer?

Just ordered up a NOE mold, he was out of stock on RCBS top punches. I ordered up the Saeco that he had in stock with the intention of turning off the threads to the RCBS OD.

Or did I just add to the ever growing pile of stuff in the "not good enough for the kinda girls I go out with" stash?

The last couple of molds I have ordered from NOE this has been a problem.

There usually are Saeco punches available but the RCBS/Lyman style gets sold out before the run of molds is sold out.

Boolit Master
    i think the reason that there are no responses (except this one) is that it is pretty much a no brainer. unless yoy do not have a metal lathe. without one it will be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by porthos View Post
    i think the reason that there are no responses in(except this one) is that it is pretty much a no brainer. unless yoy do not have a metal lathe. without one it will be difficult.
    Not sure I would call it a no brainer, there are a large number of people on the forum who own a lathe and/or drill presses that make and modify all kinds of reloading equipment.

I own a 9x24 South Bend, 2 drill presses and a wood lathe that could be used to modify the top punches.

I'm going to give it a try, the Saeco top punches arrived today.

I was curious if any one had tried it and had a problem I'm not foreseeing.

Super Moderator

..............When I was running my custom machining business I used to make "Generic" type nose punches that only required knowing the caliber bullet for which they were to be used on, and the press model so I'd know what mounting stem to make. Otherwise there was a generic cavity cut. You used epoxy in the cavity where the boolit's nose was for a perfect fit.

Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master
    Buckshot are you 100% retired from the custom machining business?