RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Wideners Load Data
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 35 Remington ?

Great post 35 rem.
    I did finally shoot my marlin, imashooter2 was gracious enough to send me several hundred bullets to try. I had installed a Williams peep on the rifle and was warned that it would shoot high. It did, right over the target.

So I moved the target to 50 yards, and it was shooting high. Several loads were shooting well, H335 and 3031. I did get a lee six cavity mold from my son for Christmas, so will be a couple months before I cast some up.

Recoil and muzzle blast were pretty mild. I might put the scope on or a marbles higher front sight.
    If I can get 2" groups at 100 I'll be happy. Glad to hear the 35 thumps deer so well.

Boolit Buddy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1150.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	294130 with RCBS 200 gr GC you should do more like this @100 than 2" groups! Good luck and welcome to the club!
    Semper Fidelis, to God, Country and Corps!

I have some rl-7, going to have to try that load. Good shooting prodigal son!

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    If henry would so chamber Id have one tomorrow.

CW

https://noebulletmolds.com/site/prod...60-197-rn-al2/
    Henry chambers their new side gate models in 35Rem. Now is not a good time to be looking for one, but they are cataloged.
    A bumble bee is considerable faster than a John Deere tractor

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by lolbell View Post
    Henry chambers their new side gate models in 35Rem. Now is not a good time to be looking for one, but they are cataloged.

Thanks man! Im wanting the single shot.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Maybe get a Henry single shot .357, rechamber it and fix the extractor?
    They use the same 16" twist as Marlin has in .35 Remington.
    Being a single shot you could avoid the short dimension from case mouth to rifling, get it extended to not have boolits pushing down into the powder space.

Boolit Man
    I wanted a 35 rem. but all my guns are single shots( rifles that i hunt with) and i like a rim. Building a barrel for an NEF frame, cutting a standard chamber with a rim cut for a 303 british. Headspace is the same as factory 35 rem ammo so i could use factory ammo if needed. Barrel in progress now, will be 20 inches long. All a man can do is try - we will see how it works.

Boolit Master

Thats likely what Ill do good Cheer!!
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    How are the vintage Remington Fourteens? Do they feed well?
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    I have a 1950 Marlin in 35 Rem. I shoot a 245 gr Saeco and IMR 4895. Previous owner used the RCBS 250. I think if you keep velocities under 1400 fps you are OK without GC. I wouldn't hunt at that low of a velocity.
    Gianni,
    How's that old girl doing. I have fond memories of her.

Boolit Master
    Iron Bridge your K4 Weaver may be a little too powerful. Had similar scope on a 30/06 when hunting in New Hampshire while in the Army, years ago. Any way a 8 point buck tried to over run me. It had been flushed out and slowly came down ahill and didn't see me. I just stood and waited. It stoped at about15-20 feet. Don't think it ever saw me. Put the scope on it and all I saw was brown. Moved it left and right as much as I dared. Nothing but brown. Guessed at his center and pulled the trigger. 180 gr Rem Cor-Locs in the body dropped him right now. A K2.5 might give you a wider view and work better in you area.
    I have a 35 Rem in a 1913 Model 8. Do not have a mold for a heavy hunting boolit. Load 158 gr SWC for fun shooting, not sure of powder charge. For hunting bullets I load IMR 4064 under a jacketed 200 gr RN. Use a medium charge from manual. Good accuracy. Prior to this shortage I found a couple bags of new brass at a local reloading supply store. Keep looking, its out there or will be in the future. Good luck with your new gun.

Duckiller, you may very well be right. I am looking at one of the marbles front sights.
    Your deer story reminds me of my brother one year out hunting with his 270.
    8 point buck comes in at about 15 yards and he shoots it and then says to me ! Couldn't find it in the scope.

I said what power is it on, 9 he says. Well there you go, put it on 3 you dip stick.
    I did by some once fired cases from no1 so now I have over 100.
    Should last me a while. I am working up some loads just waiting for it to warm up.

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Charlie View Post
    How are the vintage Remington Fourteens? Do they feed well?
    Mine (1921) works just fine . It's a .32 Remington , my .35 is a 141 from 1936 .
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl54 View Post
    I wanted a 35 rem. but all my guns are single shots( rifles that i hunt with) and i like a rim. Building a barrel for an NEF frame, cutting a standard chamber with a rim cut for a 303 british. Headspace is the same as factory 35 rem ammo so i could use factory ammo if needed. Barrel in progress now, will be 20 inches long. All a man can do is try - we will see how it works.
    I like your "Style" That is the kind of thinking that "Makes America Great ! " Please post some pics & share. unclemikeinct

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Earl54 View Post
    what you need is a set of 35 Rem reloading dies,a piece of 30-40 Krag brass and Imperial Sizing Wax.
    run the lubed brass through the sizing die and presto, 35 Rem Rimmed Long Neck!

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerd View Post
    what you need is a set of 35 Rem reloading dies,a piece of 30-40 Krag brass and Imperial Sizing Wax.
    run the lubed brass through the sizing die and presto, 35 Rem Rimmed Long Neck!
    303 and 30/40 krag have the same rim and base diameters within a couple of thou. and I have 1000 once fired 303 (winchester brass cases).

Boolit Buddy
    There seems a lot of chat @ single shots; I REALLY like the Contender Super 14, or the carbine of 16" or longer. My early S14 bbl was factory hand lapped & is startling at 100yd. So good I have a scope on it. Of course a scoped Remington Model 81 will also ring an 8" gong at 185yd. ;~D
    Another option is a Rem M760. They are way more accurate than most 742s, the action after all is manual. Another of my favorites.... They will handle longer OAL with heavy boolits up to 220g. If you are comfortable with pump guns they are swift with the 2nd shot too.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345