Titan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Sunday, November 14

For Thought and Meditation - Sunday, November 14

Good morning all. I love today's message, and especially the blessing, from Hagee Ministries. Have a safe and blessed day.

Ephesians 6:1

Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.

“You’re not the boss of me!” Sound familiar, parents?

We love them with all our hearts. We make sacrifices to provide for all their needs. We take them to church and practice our faith to be Godly, genuine examples. And yet?

Children have responsibility in this equation, too. God instructs them to honor their parents. Not a suggestion, this is a commandment that carries a promise. If they choose to obey, they will enjoy a long life in which things go well for them. For the child who treats his parents with contempt, God reserves a curse.

We must teach our children to take this responsibility seriously. We begin by honoring our Heavenly Father, demonstrating the reverence and respect that He is due. We also honor our own earthly parents – extending forgiveness for past hurts and practicing grace in the present.

And always, we must guard the authority that God gives us as parents – not pals. Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child (Proverbs 22:15), and we must administer the discipline, correction, and training that will help our children mature to walk in God’s commandments.

Parents, love your children. Train them up in the way they should go. Children, obey your parents in the Lord. This is right.

Blessing:

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you and give you His peace. May you choose to obey your Heavenly Father and honor your earthly parents so your children will honor and obey you. May things go well with you as God blesses you with long life according to His Word.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen, This is a great lesson that is sure lacking today!

Boolit Grand Master
    Thanks for posting this. Just yesterday I was talking to a friend and he mentioned how foolish his nephew is. The young "man" is married with two children and left a great job with benefits so he could get seasonal work and draw unemployment during the winter. My buddy said "He is just like his father". Then he went on to tell me the boy had disrespected his father and that the dad had tried to be a pal instead of a father.

The nut does not fall far from the oak tree, We must be good examples for our children and parents...not pals.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    What a blessing it was to be raised by God fearing parents! I tried to raise mine the same. It sticks a little better with some children than others, but at least they know where to come home to. Let's not forget about that prodigal son.