Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee Precision
Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plastic haters disregard; new SA compact 10mm pistol.

Banned

i might look into one. I like glocks but my 29 is like the 26 and 27s. Feels like holding on to a 2x4.

Boolit Master

Been scratching my head on this thread for a few days. . .

Probably too small a package for full blast 10mm, but you can match or slightly exceed .40 S&W with lower pressures and heavier slugs. Not much on this earth couldn't be solved with a 200 grain WFN at 1000 fps.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    Been scratching my head on this thread for a few days. . .

Probably too small a package for full blast 10mm, but you can match or slightly exceed .40 S&W with lower pressures and heavier slugs. Not much on this earth couldn't be solved with a 200 grain WFN at 1000 fps.
    Why would it be too small for full blast 10 mm? I shoot that out of my G29 and this is essentially the same size; just a 1/4" shorter and bit thinner.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

I would also hope the ergonomics are optimized to make this more comfortable to shoot as well.
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Why would it be too small for full blast 10 mm? I shoot that out of my G29 and this is essentially the same size; just a 1/4" shorter and bit thinner.
    I don't really regard the Glock 29 as the greatest approach to the problem either. . .

It's close to the same concept as the .454 Casull Super Redhawk Alaskan: Magnum round, usually loaded with slow-burning powder + really short barrel = big, loud flash and loss of much of the performance the round is known for.

Where I was trying to go with my first post: What the package probably CAN do is comfortably replicate the 38-40, which never needed to apologize for anything in it's handgun guise. You should be able to get 200 grains going as fast out of your short tube as the .40 S&W struggles to throw 180 without needing to jump up and down on a compression rod to get more powder in the case. With hard WFN's, that's elk-worthy penetration potential and you're not blowing valves out of your cylinder heads to get it.

And that would be a pretty neat thing in a mid-size CCW piece.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master

Pistol arrived today and is thinner than my G29, but 1/4" longer. It is 1/4" shorter than my G23. Got them confused.

Not sure what to think of it. Feels good, points well, great trigger, good sights, right size, but just seems so much bigger than the G29 and G23.

Attachment 292130

Attachment 292132

And, I know polymer ain't pretty, but I've never seen it arrive with multiple slight blems, either. My Taurus is much nicer than this...

Attachment 292135

And, the gun has obviously been fired a few times. Not sure if this is from the factory, or a dishonest distributor that I ordered it from.

Attachment 292136
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    Looks like the difference you 'feel' in size is the bore height. The 'higher' sides of the gun make it look bigger than it probably is. I can't stand the feel of the Glock grips (earlier models anyway) but they are probably the lowest profile pistol I have seen with a low bore axis.

Boolit Master

Tabletop review done. Going to the range tomorrow...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    yup the 29 is sure no problem to shoot. Its not a light gun by any means.

Boolit Master

Took it to the range today...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12