Snyders JerkyRepackboxInline FabricationLee Precision
Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plastic haters disregard; new SA compact 10mm pistol.

Boolit Master

Plastic haters disregard; new SA compact 10mm pistol.

Springfield armory came out with a new pistol that has a name longer than the dang gun...

The Springfield Armory XD-M® ELITE 3.8" COMPACT OSP™ HANDGUN W/ HEX DRAGONFLY.

Basically, it is a compact 10mm with 11-round capacity and an installed red dot sight.

It is the same size as the Glock G29, and like the G29, can use it's big brother's 15 round magazines.

I held the 9mm version, which is supposedly the same size, and I really, really liked everything about it. Might look into getting one someday and selling some mid-sized Glocks to pay for it.

Attachment 291676

"Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

Found one on Gunbroker in SC for $559. Total cost after shipping to my FFL is $636. I stopped by every gun shop within 50 miles to find one locally, and they all said there was no way they could get one for months.

So, I bit the bullet and ordered one. Will evaluate and compare it to my G29 and G23s. Also, the S&W M&P40c and Sig P365.

The objective is to adopt a carry pistol that can do ALL CCW duties. From the woods to the hoods, I only want one gun to master. I will retain my Sig P365 as a deep cover pocket pistol, but the larger pistol will be my main training and range pistol. Hopefully will get to start investing in lots of 10mm casings and bullets.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Moderator Emeritus

I have an order in for one at my LGS. Think he said $460. He has gotten two in, one with and one without the Dragonfly. I don't want the sight and figures that was the one not taken. Hopefully it won't take to long but I have some orders going on eight months now.

Boolit Buddy
    I don't care much about SA but there's nothing wrong with them I'm just a Glock guy. I'm just here to laugh at the title " plastic haters disregard!!"��������

Boolit Buddy
    I'm guessing we can't use emojis anymore? They were just laughing faces.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    I don't care much about SA but there's nothing wrong with them I'm just a Glock guy. I'm just here to laugh at the title " plastic haters disregard!!"��������
    I'm exactly the opposite. I don't have or want a Glock. I have three XD's already and looking at this maybe a fourth. I'll probably stay with 9mm though.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    I'm exactly the opposite. I don't have or want a Glock. I have three XD's already and looking at this maybe a fourth. I'll probably stay with 9mm though.
    Most of my glocks are 9s . Just bought my first 10mm a glock 20 of course but that's why they make so many different gun. To each his own.
    Sorry Idaho45guy don't want to high jack your thread.

Boolit Master

Not meant as a hi-jack either. Nor a bashing on Glock. Just pointing out we all are a little different as to what feels good in our hand. 9mm because I don't need another caliber to load for.

Boolit Master
    I have the 4.5 XDm and the XDmCompact 3.8 with short grip, both in 9mm. I have found that I sometimes do not properly depress the the grip safety on the Compact with the short magazine, while I never encounter the problem with the full-size XDm or the Compact with a full-length magazine. It only happens when practicing a one-handed draw and fire, just something to be aware of or consider. I have not looked into the extended grip safeties available. I have a Shield 9mm I carry the most because it is smaller, lighter and surprisingly accurate, even past 25 yards(60-75yards).

Boolit Master
    Gallery of guns.com has 34 of the 10’s with the hex sight.

I have XDm pistols in 9mm and 45acp. Both are the target versions with the 5.25 inch barrels. Great guns and very accurate.
    I did replace the triggers with PRP drop in triggers. They took the 5.5 pound triggers down to 3.5 pounds and were easy to install.
    I have yet to have a malfunction with either of these that wasn't ammunition related. They feed anything. Just need to be careful that boolits are sized to fit the MATCH chambers. Mine shoot great with cast.

Boolit Master

I read the thread as a new SA compact…. Which to me meant Single Action as in 1911 or Blackhawk.
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Boolit Master

My plastic springfields are xdm 5.25 and mod 2 same length , love them , I tried a xds could feel no need , but to those who like shorter and more compact they fit a need .

More selections , more variety , more choices to find one that fits . Springfield seems to be making and selling more and more options .

No, no, there's can't be any plastic haters here..... There must be some misunderstanding.
    The folks at Tupperware makes excellent products.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    No, no, there's can't be any plastic haters here..... There must be some misunderstanding.
    The folks at Tupperware makes excellent products.

Attachment 291727

Boolit Master
    Smith & Wesson just got in the 10mm game with the M&P. Made in the USA, not Croatia.
    https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/s...mm-mp-pistols/

If only they would reintroduce the 1006….

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by marlin39a View Post
    Smith & Wesson just got in the 10mm game with the M&P. Made in the USA, not Croatia.
    https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/s...mm-mp-pistols/
    I'll probably get one of those, too, to see how it compares to the G29 and XD-M.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    I held the 9mm version, which is supposedly the same size, and I really, really liked everything about it.
    A 9mm the same size as a 10mm?

That would be a pretty over-built pistol.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jtarm View Post
    A 9mm the same size as a 10mm?

That would be a pretty over-built pistol.
    That's what the website shows...

Attachment 291901

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast