Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackboxWideners
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USFA Revolver

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Alstep View Post
    Can anybody recommend a favorite load? I've got plenty of H&G 68 boolets, and just received a Lee 452-255-RF mold. Have Bullseye & Unique powder on the shelf. Also a little Alcan #7, 2400, 231 left over to try.

For a 255 cast 8 to 8.5 Unique is my go to load.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...ad-for-45-Colt
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

Remember the rule, no photo, it didn’t happen. We all want to see pictures of the gun and your first range sessions. Waiting to see, Tim.

Vendor Sponsor

I wouldn't go over 9.0gr Unique with the 255. Herco and HS-6 are very close to Unique and work well in 45 Colt with a 255gr boolit. You can use BE and 231 but they are a little fast for the heavy boolit although BE is often used to dupe a factory load for an old smokeless powder Colt.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Buddy
    Congrats, the ones I’ve seen are very nice quality.

I use 6gr of Bullseye or 231 or 6.5gr RedDot under a 250gr in my Uberti with good results. Unique is a good choice also, but my particular Uberti doesn’t like it at any weight…
    “You’ve got to slow down to be fast” - Dad

Quote Originally Posted by Alstep View Post
    Can anybody recommend a favorite load? I've got plenty of H&G 68 boolets, and just received a Lee 452-255-RF mold. Have Bullseye & Unique powder on the shelf. Also a little Alcan #7, 2400, 231 left over to try.
    I'm using 6.0 gr red dot with either a 250 (454190) or 200 grain bullet (MP-45-200 @.453).
    I have the 4 3/4 barrel. The 200 gr shoot to point of aim. The 250's shoot a bit high.

-ktw

Boolit Master

OK guys, here's proof.

I thought the group was pretty good for a first time trial run. Distance is 27 yards. Sight picture is center mass. Point of aim is pretty close to point of impact. Couple of fliers on my part, but so far, so good. I think I'm really going to like this gun. It just feels good.

Have loaded up some more loads to try, but the weather here has not been too pleasant lately, overcast and snow flurries with lots of wind.

If anybody can clue me in on some of your favorite loads, I'll give them a try.

Thanks to everyone for your input.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0765.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	180.2 KB 
ID:	292481

Name:	IMG_0764.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	211.7 KB 
ID:	292482

Name:	IMG_0763.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	212.6 KB 
ID:	292484
    Last edited by Alstep; 12-01-2021 at 07:34 PM.

Excellent shooting!!

A couple of standard power loads that are my favorites in the 45 Colt are- 6.0 to 6.5 gr. of Red Dot or 700-X and most any 250-255 gr. bullet.

35W
    The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions.
    There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand.

NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12