WidenersRepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: T/C Seneca 45

Boolit Master

T/C Seneca 45

I was in the gun shop and they have a T/C Seneca in 45 cal on the rack. They are asking $475.00 for it. I did not handle it. It looked pretty good from the counter. If anyone is interested I could check it out more closely and take some pics.

I have contact info for the shop.

swamp
    There is no problem so great, that it cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives.

I saw one on Tuesday in a shop in VA for $699. Your gun shop is much more realistic!

Boolit Master
    I was hoping it was a 36 or 32. I do not shoot 45. Thought some one here would be interested.
    swamp
    There is no problem so great, that it cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives.

Boolit Grand Master
    Dog gone it...... I was just in Denver last week. Would liked to have seen it. I have one and it would be a stretch to get another. Wonderful little ML.

That Seneca, if in excellent condition, is carrying the average selling cost for a .45 - a .32 or .36 Seneca in like condition changes hands for almost twice as much $$.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    The Seneca is a nice little rifle. I have one in 45 cal. with a TC tang peep sight.

Boolit Master
    I have one. If it is in good condition outside and the bore is good, that is one good price! The few I have seen in the last ten years were almost double that.

Quote Originally Posted by pietro View Post

That Seneca, if in excellent condition, is carrying the average selling cost for a .45 - a .32 or .36 Seneca in like condition changes hands for almost twice as much $$.

This!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pietro View Post

So the one I saw, which is a 32, was priced reasonably? That's nuts! You could build a nice rifle with top quality parts for about that much. Why do people pay so much for TC products?

Boolit Master

Its already premade that is why , I have and still have some TC rifles but I have more made from track of the wolf or other builders parts .

Quote Originally Posted by Nobade View Post
    So the one I saw, which is a 32, was priced reasonably? That's nuts! You could build a nice rifle with top quality parts for about that much. Why do people pay so much for TC products?

The T/C Cherokee/Seneca rifles (and the Patriot pistol) were fairly unique in the frontstuffer world in that they were scaled down in size from "normal" New England Sporting Rifles.

Compared to the full-size T/C Hawken, they have thinner/shorter barrels (13/16" thick vs 15/16" or 1") (24" or 27" long vs 29"), smaller locks, thinner stocks, weights of 5-6lbs vs 9lbs, etc, etc.

Those features made them very attractive to folks (like me) that felt that they were much handier to tote around when hunting deer/small game than the full-size rifles are.

Keep in mind that New England Sporting Rifles were deigned for the size of the game (deer/black bear) and the mostly restricted distances for shots at game there (not many wide open spaces in N.E.) - ergo, no .50 or .54 calibers in these down-sized rifles.

Last edited by pietro; 11-14-2021 at 10:59 AM.
    Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride