Inline FabricationLoad DataLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cci small pistol

Boolit Buddy

cci small pistol

powder valley as of this moment has cci small pistol primer 70 for a 1000

Banned

I just ordered a brick, it's double the old price but it's worth it for an insurance policy. Thanks for the info redriver, certainly appreciated.

Boolit Bub
    Just looked when i tried to order said not
    Available due to pending orders

Keep trying. I was just able to pick up some.

Boolit Buddy
    Looks like the new norm for CCI standard primers is going to be about $65-$70.

Midway has small rifle magnum and Large pistol magnum primers (CCI) Gp

Boolit Bub
    I have noticed on web sites that have no primers they have raised prices. One local guy i buy from has been out of primers since last november. He told me he can order primers but they wont say how much he will pay for them or when they will have any for him.
    He still has some powder but is running out

Boolit Master
    All gone now.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jsam View Post
    I have noticed on web sites that have no primers they have raised prices. One local guy i buy from has been out of primers since last november. He told me he can order primers but they wont say how much he will pay for them or when they will have any for him.
    He still has some powder but is running out
    I don't blame him for not ordering primers. If he has to pay $50 and retails them for $70 he will be labelled a "gouger" by a lot of folks....and they will refuse to do business with him when things get back to normal.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    One of my buddies went to a local gun show last weekend, one guy and a few under the table and was selling a max of four for $6 a hundred. Another had cases of primers behind the table priced at $12 box with no limit. He didn't seem to be selling many.

Boolit Master

$6 for 100 is a decent price compared to what I’ve seen. Plus no shipping, hazmat and probably sales tax either.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by redriverhunter View Post
    powder valley as of this moment has cci small pistol primer 70 for a 1000
    and when you pay the hazmat and shipping you have $100.00 per thousand.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ioon44 View Post
    and when you pay the hazmat and shipping you have $100.00 per thousand.
    Here plus the local "brick and mortar" sales tax it runs the total up to $105 per thousand. Our state sales tax on internet sales really burns me up. Sure ain't like any local dealers have any primers at all.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

I found CCI SP and Federal 205M match primers at Bass Pro in Cincinnati last weekend. $79.95 per thousand for the CCI and 89.95 for the Federal. Only allowed 1000 per day of any primer. Went two days in a row. Between myself and the wife scored 2000 of each.
    Ky State Director IHMSA
    Hunter Ed Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I don't blame him for not ordering primers. If he has to pay $50 and retails them for $70 he will be labelled a "gouger" by a lot of folks....and they will refuse to do business with him when things get back to normal.
    Six months ago I would have agreed with Don.
    With Vista publicly stating a 18 to 24 month backlog on ammo orders (for which they’ll need primers) I now assume it will be years before the retail supply of primers for guys like us gets back to “normal”. I very much doubt we will ever see primers below $70 per 1,000 unless foreign manufacturers can step up to fill the demand.
    Range Ammo is beginning to show up in quantities now and the price is double what was charged two years ago. By the time the manufacturers clear their backlogs people will be used to paying that price and it will be the new “normal”. No reason, other than optimism, to think primers will be any different.
    In the early 70’s gas went from $.35 a gallon to $.70 almost overnight. It never dropped back to normal.

Boolit Master

Not sure what the "New Price" for primers will be. But observable trends indicate it will not be $10.00 per 100. Local Murdochs has had boxes of 1000 CCI #BR4 Small Rifle Bench Rest Primers on the top of the counter for about 3 weeks at a price of $9.99 per 100 (limit of 1000). Have been in several times trying to buy primers. The number of these on the counter has not changed; and people seem to be like myself saying "No Thank You".

Yet; across the West most of the Murdochs stores had 200 to 300 trays each of Federal Small Pistol primers appear last week at about $3.90 per 100 pack available (they were gone in a couple of days at all stores). Prices will be higher than before; but it seems that the shooting/reloading community will not participate in prices that are 300% above prices from 12 to 18 months ago. I am also seeing "Range" rifle and pistol ammunition showing up and filling the shelves; the drastically inflated prices from 2 months ago are dropping, and I am seeing prices that are maybe 25% higher on those items than they were 12 to 18 months ago. My observations are limited to Northwest Montana currently. Not sure how the prices are in Southern Nevada at this time.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master

I had my Lgs present some primers couple of months ago, the first I'd seen available here in a year or so. They were 130$ a K, I said no thanks. As I was entering the store and saw the price, there was a guy walking out with a box. Guess It depends on how bad you need them

Boolit Master

My source at CCI said yesterday that they had to shut down ammo lines because they are completely out of primers.

I found Federal Match Large Pistol primers at Natchez yesterday for $95 per 1000. I left them for someone else...
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

And I don't understand why my local gun shop, which has been historically about 10% over online prices, is selling Hornady XTP 180gr 10mm bullets for $24.99, while Brownell's is selling them for $32.49.

Something stinks.

I think the online big name retailers are cashing in on demand and making huge profits at the expense of gun owners.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    My source at CCI said yesterday that they had to shut down ammo lines because they are completely out of primers.

I found Federal Match Large Pistol primers at Natchez yesterday for $95 per 1000. I left them for someone else...

If CCI shut down ammo line because "They Were Out of Primers"; then someone in management needs to be fired. They manufacture primers. What could be out of stock (and why) that they can not make primers? If you know that you have a "REPORTED" 2 year backlog; then there is no excuse for not having the materials to make primers on long term orders scheduled for 3 years out based on your market and manufacturing analysis and plans. In todays world it seems no one is accountable and it's always some one else fault.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast