Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataRepackboxLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 6 cavity mold

Boolit Master
    True, that. My wife looks/acts/feels years younger than her same aged friends, and attributes it to her inquisitive mind and insatiable desire to learn and experience new things. She absolutely hates the “waiting to die”attitude of some she knows.

In the mean time, I’m discovering new ways to mangle my molds. I’m planning on buying #7 of my favorite version. I AM learning from my mistakes, it’s just hard on the molds and my wallet.

I do thank y’all for the encouraging words.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin c View Post
    True, that. My wife looks/acts/feels years younger than her same aged friends, and attributes it to her inquisitive mind and insatiable desire to learn and experience new things. She absolutely hates the “waiting to die”attitude of some she knows.

In the mean time, I’m discovering new ways to mangle my molds. I’m planning on buying #7 of my favorite version. I AM learning from my mistakes, it’s just hard on the molds and my wallet.

I do thank y’all for the encouraging words.
    Me too put away the hammer I now use a old plastic handled screw driver and smak the sprue plate with the handler part

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Dave, 6x cavity molds require practice….
    … you have 6 holes to keep the same temperature as the melt, the importate factor is a fast rhythm and full ladles with each 5 second pour

You’ll get the hang of it … Practice
    Regards
    John

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Dave, 6x cavity molds are practice….
    … you have 6 holes to keep the same temperature as the melt, the important factor is a fast rhythm and full ladles with each 5 second pour

You’ll get the hang of it … Practise
    Regards
    John

Keeping my hand on third handle led to far end of mold not closing completelyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	395ED58F-6603-436A-AC9B-FD4735DF4EBD.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	291968
    Also surface ground the plate. Made a big difference in ease of spew cut. Less effort and drag. Sprue plates are suppose to be flat I thought?

Quote Originally Posted by Harter66 View Post
    2 constants with my ladle technique .
    Pre heat , do so the last few min sprue plate down .
    Every 1 of my 6c Lee moulds casts 1 light and 2 heavy or the other way . I don't know why but I do know it doesn't matter which end I pour from or if I pour 3,4,5,1,2,3 .
    Its not a huge difference but the 401-175 I have drops 2 about 178 , 3@176 , and 1@ 174 . The 358-200 drops 3@ 205 , 2 @ 210 , and 1@199.5-201 . My initial thoughts were that the sprue hinge end ran hot while the handle end runs cold but the pairs changed up with different moulds and changing the fill sequence didn't alter the count . Maybe I just drew the short straw but I'm 7/7 .
    The 358-125 RF is only about 4gr top to bottom so it's pretty close .
    The variety probably doesn't matter at 7-25 yd in a pistol but that swing with the 358-200 messes up a good run with a 10 gr flier out of 358 Win .

Let me repeat "keep your hands of the 3rd handle after it's closed all the way ."
    Last edited by dave 45-90; 11-21-2021 at 05:31 PM.
    NRA Endowment

Boolit Grand Master
    Does everyone else have the same problems I do with your spell check not believing you want to type "sprue"? I'll be through typing a scholarly post and proofread it only to see that the blankety blank spill chick has gotten overactive in changing my spelling.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

[QUOTE=Green Frog;5302883]Does everyone else have the same problems I do with your spell check not believing you want to type "sprue"? I'll be through typing a scholarly post and proofread it only to see that the blankety blank spill chick has gotten overactive in changing my spelling.

Yep. Sometimes one has to fight it
    NRA Endowment

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dave 45-90 View Post
    Also surface ground the plate. Made a big difference in ease of spew cut. Less effort and drag. Sprue plates are suppose to be flat I thought?
    Maybe you not only flattened the plate a bit, but also dressed the cutting edges of the sprue holes?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123