RotoMetals2WidenersReloading EverythingRepackbox
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: New rifle

Boolit Master

New rifle

Stumbled on to a CVA scout stainless in 45-70 yesterday. The first one I have seen in over a year. any one have one , want pro's and con's on it.

Boolit Bub
    They are great rifle for the price and great trigger. I have one in stainless and one blued Hunter model I had cut down to 16 1/2 " both in 45/70!

Quote Originally Posted by legendhunter View Post
    They are great rifle for the price and great trigger. I have one in stainless and one blued Hunter model I had cut down to 16 1/2 " both in 45/70!
    How much does that little gun weigh now? BTW, I have a great orthopedic surgeon here in our town when you need it, LOL! He is really good on shoulders!
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Bub
    Not sure what it weighs, but I only shoot light cast bullet loads out of it. The One I am shooting out it is 275 cast with 15 gr of Trail Boss. Very enjoyable to shoot.

Boolit Master
    I have shot 45-70 for years in trapdoors (hence the screen name ) had a NEF years ago . just wanted something that I could shoot jacketed as well as cast at better than trapdoor specs. Wife has a 1895 marlin lever I'm hooked on single shots . Found this CVA scout at a good price so I took it, first CVA centerfire I have ever had so that is why I asked for pro's and con's on it. Plan on full house black powder cast loads trapdoor style plus smokeless cast and full house smokeless loads .