MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingWideners
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: The AntiChrist

Banned

The AntiChrist

There are many people who believe the AntiChrist is a mortal man a very learned friend of mine has said it is not a man you seek it is a ideology and it is here now. I tend to go along with this as what I have not only heard in church but seen with my own 2 eyes. That is my 2 cents.

Boolit Master

He will normal person until he is killed then Satan will come into his body. He will do what all the one's before have done; come at you with Ice Cream and free money then turn on you like a Rattlesnake.

Interesting. Your friend is a wise man, I think. But I do believe that the movement will ultimately have a figurehead to represent it.

DG

Boolit Master
    The Owner's Manual teaches of "The Antichrist" in Revelation.
    and the antichrists of the unchurched in 1st John 2:

Beware of Antichrists

18Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 19They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. 20But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. 22Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 24Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

25And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

26These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Amen

"Ye know all things..."
    "Ye need not that any man teach you..."
    because John knows you study the Owner's Manual and have unction.

I believe I saw a gaggle of antichrists at Walmart the other day.

Moderator Emeritus

Thee Antichrist will appear to us as a mortal man with godlike powers, but he is a fallen angel.

Right before the 2nd advent, a god-like person/entity will arrive on the scene promising everything to the world. This person/entity will claim to be Christ, but truly, he will be the Antichrist (αντί + Χριστός or anti + Christos). Greek translation of "Αντί is not only anti in the sense of "against" and "opposite of", but also "in place of".
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Banned
    I know not one way or the other but Christ died for those who have the faith and his blood will be our salvation.

Boolit Master
    +1 on greek anti- being "in place of"

We are in danger of naming ourselves god, and denying our Savior.

Why would God allow?
    is the same as
    if I were God, I wouldn't do that.
    We aren't God, He is.
    Some do think they are God. They aren't.
    It's an unction thing.

I believe The Antichrist of Revelation is the last one;
    a supernatural being, the last stumblingstone,
    that only my Savior can cast down. And He does.

I like Koine, try on thlipsis = tribulation, a common Biblical word.
    Seems to mean an inner trial, not something the world does to you.