Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationLee Precision
WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load Data Snyders Jerky

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday, November 09

For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday, November 09

Good morning all. Boy, today's message has "me" written all over it! Have a safe and blessed day.

Tuesday, November 9, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    Mouth Control

"Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.”
    —James 1:19

The Epistle of James is the Proverbs of the New Testament. It’s filled with nuggets of great truth like this one: “Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry” (1:19 NLT).

Now that’s good advice. It’s a statement we should put someplace where we can see it every day, because most of us are swift to speak, slow to listen, and quick to anger. At least I am.

How many times have you said something, and the very moment the words left your lips, you regretted it? You thought, “I never should have said that.”

How easily we can say things we shouldn’t say. And how quickly we can pass judgment on a situation we know nothing about.

Peter did this on more than one occasion, which gives hope to ordinary people like you and me. For example, when he saw Jesus being transfigured with Moses and Elijah, Peter exclaimed, “Rabbi, it’s wonderful for us to be here! Let’s make three shelters as memorials—one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah” (Mark 9:5 NKJV).

The next verse adds, “He said this because he didn’t really know what else to say, for they were all terrified” (verse 6 NKJV). I think most of us can relate to that. Have you ever been in a tense situation where you wanted to make a good impression, but you ended up saying the dumbest thing ever?

A major part of self-control is mouth control. It’s a lot easier to save face if you keep the lower half of it shut.

Be quick to listen. Be slow to speak. And be slow to get angry. How different our lives would be if we would heed the admonition of these simple words.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen, This lesson has me in mind for sure!

Boolit Grand Master

I learned this years ago, and have been practicing it (most of the time) since.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

I did this very thing to my partner while I was in the Navy and still regret it this day!