RepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Inline FabricationLoad DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: Arsenal Molds 452-230 WFN BC?

Boolit Mold

Arsenal Molds 452-230 WFN BC?

Back in 2019 Wasalmonslayer ran a group buy for Arsenal Molds 452-230 WFN. Has anyone who's using that bullet pondered what the BC might be? If so, I'm interested in your thoughts.
    Regards,
    papertrl

Boolit Master

Not off the top Of my head... but ITS A DANDY!!!

LOVE MINE!!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I'm A Honcho!
    Best shooting bullet I have for 45 flavor!!
    Let me dig thru my stuff to see if I can find the bc for you.

Boolit Master

I've got that mold. Since I consider it a close range boolit, I never thought that BC would be relevant.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Mold

Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    I've got that mold. Since I consider it a close range boolit, I never thought that BC would be relevant.
    John, that's a good point. BC wouldn't be spectacular with that flat nose. But, I'm interested in the BC for the stuff I shoot over the chronograph. If you have it, you can compute the muzzle velocity instead of what it is at the chronograph. It's not a big difference, but it's interesting (to me) and you can see some variation among bullet designs in how much velocity they lose in just the short distance between muzzle and chronograph. Plus ballistics programs use BC and MV to compute a bullet's flight. It's kind of fun once in awhile to stretch a handgun out some and see what you can hit out there in the distance. When I have a rough idea of what it'll drop at 100 yd, I sometimes surprise myself with what I can hit. If that bullet isn't wobbling all over the place by 100 yd (and I don't think it will be), I'm game.
    Regards,
    papertrl

Boolit Mold

Quote Originally Posted by Wasalmonslayer View Post
    Best shooting bullet I have for 45 flavor!!
    Let me dig thru my stuff to see if I can find the bc for you.
    Thanks. I guessed about 0.130. Let's see how close I come. I'm fairly new to 45 ACP. I'd also be interested in what OAL you're using if you load it for a full-sized 1911. I know that's kind of a vague question, since every gun has its own preferences. I've been playing around with various lengths of dummy rounds to try and find the length that does the least amount of nose damage on its way up the ramp and into the chamber. The first point of contact is with the upper wall of the chamber and it's always on the corner where the ogive and flat nose meet. Various lengths from 1.275 down to 1.234 have had varying amounts of remodeling, but they've all have some. Without some customizing, I'm guessing that's just a fact of life when feeding blunt objects up a 1911??
    Regards,
    papertrl

I shoot the BD45ACP from several makers and Lee 45-230 CM group buy moulds, which look very similar to that design. My favorite mass produced 45, the RCBS 45-230 CM, is also very similar. No idea on the original question, but they all shoot well past 100 yards for me.
    Tony

And the RCBS bullet seated so the case mouth is just below the crimp groove feeds as well as hardball in all my pistols.
    Tony

Boolit Mold

Wasalmonslayer, you, Sir, did truly come up with a nice shooting bullet. Several others have praised it, and I'll add myself to the list. Fired it for the first time today in both the 45 ACP and 45 Colt. It fed just like you said it would in the ACP. The Colt group was especially tight. This will be my go-to bullet for many more outings.
    Regards,
    papertrl