MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: Why Can I Not Stay Signed In?

Boolit Master

Why Can I Not Stay Signed In?

Something has changed in the last couple or weeks or so. I have to sign in every time I access the forum. Prior to this, I was able to stay signed in. Granted it is only a convenience issue, but still an aggravation.

What can I do/
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    I think its your computer. My iPad keeps me logged in so long, l don't know my password anymore.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    Something has changed in the last couple or weeks or so. I have to sign in every time I access the forum. Prior to this, I was able to stay signed in. Granted it is only a convenience issue, but still an aggravation.

What can I do/
    Try clearing your cache, or it could be a cookie problem as well. When you login, make sure the keep me logged in box is checked.

Boolit Master

The 'Keep Me Logged In" has always been checked. I don't know where to clear cache. My security program supposedly deletes cookies periodically.

It may be my security program that is causing the problem but I can't find where to correct that either.
    John
    W.TN

I know nada when it comes to computers, but, I will add something in my own terminology.

Somewhere I think, in your computers settings, is something like "clear history after closing"(or something like that). If that is checked or enabled, this may be the reason you have to log in all the time.

Now that everyone is through laughing, please explain what I'm try to say and if this may be the reason you're having issues.
    I haven't enjoyed even a beer today, this is just how ignorant I am on this subject.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master

It is kind of late for me but I'll look into it tomorrow. I'm not laughing. I've tried everything that has been suggested both here and other places. When I retired, I considered myself somewhat literate about computers. After 15 years, I'm worse than just about anyone.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    For initial or logged out web sites, use a browser that like Firefox creates a file of your logons and passwords by web site address
    Regards
    John

Cast Boolits Owner

Quote Originally Posted by slim1836 View Post
    I know nada when it comes to computers, but, I will add something in my own terminology.

Somewhere I think, in your computers settings, is something like "clear history after closing"(or something like that). If that is checked or enabled, this may be the reason you have to log in all the time.

Now that everyone is through laughing, please explain what I'm try to say and if this may be the reason you're having issues.
    I haven't enjoyed even a beer today, this is just how ignorant I am on this subject.

Slim
    This is usually the problem.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -