RepackboxRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad DataTitan Reloading
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: Loverin Boolit With Tumble Lube Grooves

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.

Loverin Boolit With Tumble Lube Grooves

I've often wondered if anyone ever had a custom mould made for a Loverin boolit with the tumble lube grooves. If any of y'all did, how did it perform?

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Not technically a Loverin design but I got Accurate to make me one that casts out at .351", around 220 grains, is mostly body with a small nose and tumble grooves. The idea is it works as cast and lubed in my 35 caliber muzzleloader, and gets paper patched for the 35 caliber centerfire rifles. It works extremely well in both.

Boolit Grand Master
    Loverin boolits work just fine with LLA or Recluse formula 45/45/10. No need to fiddle with designing a custom mold. Apply gas check and size, two light coats, load and shoot. Using properly fitting boolits, I have gone up to 2300 fps with minimal to no leading in 30-40 and 30-30 rifles.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    I use the 311466 quite a bit in what I call "gallery" loads , probably in the 1100 FPS range with my 30-06 . I haven't used liquid Alox yet but I am using up some old GAR brand Alox with only two of the grooves filled and no gas check . With the right sizing and powder charge it makes dime size groups at thirty yards .

Just for what it's worth , when I have LBT blue lube in the Star sizer three to four rings without a gas check and twenty(ish) grains of 2400 works well too .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Moderator Emeritus

The name Loverin refers to a bullet with several, equally spaced, bands and grooves along it's length. Your question is somewhat like asking for a hardtop motorcycle.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze