Load DataRepackboxTitan ReloadingWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee Precision
Inline Fabrication

Thread: How about a CB syndicate group for buying reloading products

Banned

How about a CB syndicate group for buying reloading products

Here is what I propose if there are enough members willing to buy in quantity we can designate certain members to facilitate large volume sales which could offset costs significantly to all members who wish to participate. We did this for our BP club for years until our membership dropped significantly due to old age and deaths yeah I am over 70 but I still shoot and ride Harleys.

Boolit Grand Master
    I got "burned" when I did something like this for a club I was involved with. One guy spoiled it. When the stuff arrived he did not have the money to pay for the components. He wanted the stuff and told me he would pay me later....this guy brags about being left $2 million from his mother...I refused his request. Fortunately, they were primers and powder I could use so I added to my stockpile.

I buy in bulk when there are sales so unless the group buy could beat the sale price the risk is not worth the reward. I normally buy primers in lots of 30-50k and powder by the case. BTW, I know a distributor who could not beat sales prices on primers from places like Powder Valley.

Shipping Hazmat is not cheap and adds up quickly if guys are buying in small quantities...5k primers and a jug of powder.

To make this work requires a lot of trust and a person with Hazmat certification. Do people pay up front or when the stuff is ready for shipment? If paying up front, what if the honcho gets greedy? If paying when delivered, what if the buyer changes his mind...or has an emergency and does not have the money?

If I was going to do this, I would contact someone like Powder Valley with a proposal to purchase a minimum of 500k primers and 1500 lbs of powder using a unique "Promo Code" that would expire in 60 days. Members of the syndicate would have 30 days to place their orders. If the members did not meet or exceed the minimum order quantity, PV could either cancel all orders or decide to move forward.

But first, PV needs to provide a firm price it will hold for those 60 days so members can decide on what to order.

In my case, I would commit to (depending on price):
    75k SPP
    50k SRP
    80 lbs of Varget
    40 lbs of HP38
    40 lbs of Promo

I would charge $20 to become a member of the buying group to compensate the honcho for finding the best deal, doing the leg work, and it proves their interest.

Using a place like PV (and there are others) allows members to use a credit card, insures members they will get what they pay for, and the honcho is not left "holding the bag".
    Don Verna

Boolit Buddy
    I would be willing to participate, sounds like a good idea and perhaps a way to ensure components are available.

Banned
    Thank you for your input sir

Boolit Master
    Right now PV has a limit of 2K primers, until that changes....

You need a buyers market for it to work.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    We do something very similar thru our gun club. Prices are good, and there’s no shipping as we get delivery via their truck. Course we buy 4 to 6 truckloads of targets from them every year as well. No minimums as he just orders when there is enough stuff on the book to make a load, usually every month. I generally buy 5000 primers and powder by the 8 lb but others get 1 lb cans on occasion. My last order was 1 lb of power pistol, took 6 months but it showed up, they backorder for us.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Buddy
    I would be interested in primers and some powders.