Titan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: Lyman 55 BP measure

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.

Lyman 55 BP measure

This is a few photos of how I modified my Lyman 55 BP measure. I could never tell how much powder was in it. I took the idea from my RCBS. Just drill a 1/4 in hole in the center of the top cap. Cut a piece of 1/4 wooden dowel rod and use JB weld to mount a fender washer to the end of dowel. It's not sloppy work on the fender washer but done on purpose to add weight so that it will follow the powder. I also marked the dead bottom line in red so that a quick glance would give me a reading. The very top of the dowell can be marked with the correct powder lines and used as a depth guage for bullet seating.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Super Moderator

..............Very good idea. I'm gonna do that exact thing to mine tomorrow! Thanks.

.................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Grand Master
    Great idea. Will do the same at first chance. Also, will slit the end of the dowl to receive a note card indicating powder type. Thus changeable with powder changes.