Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad Data
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: New colt anaconda

Boolit Master

New colt anaconda

Has any one seen one at there LGS.Has any one been able to get one.If so how do you like it.I have an old Anaconda ion 45 colt and love it.sure wwould love to have the new one in 44 mag.
    Bob

Boolit Grand Master
    Saw one at the Fredericksburg Gun Show, but for 2,499.99, I had no interest. Seems like a well made, good-looking gun, but it will have to come down in price before I would be a player. The one I saw was a 44.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

So is Colt back in the revolver game?? Nobody tells me nuthin. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Buddy
    The new Anaconda is an upgrade from the last ones. New Python, eh I’ll keep my old ones. If I was looking for a .44, the Anaconda would be mine. MSRP is like 1500 though.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodat View Post
    So is Colt back in the revolver game?? Nobody tells me nuthin. jd
    Sort of. The Colt name is alive and well but CZ now owns the brand and is producing the revolvers.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Bub
    CZ bought the Dan Wesson line years ago. Doubled the price. If I'm going to pay that much for any revolver I'll buy a Freedom Arms.

Boolit Master
    I think this one would keep me happy for a while; https://www.gunbroker.com/item/913879254

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Charlie View Post
    I think this one would keep me happy for a while; https://www.gunbroker.com/item/913879254
    I think it would me too but in 44M or 45 Colt. I was never much of a fan of SA revolvers (or the 41M for that matter) but the older I get I find I really like the looks of them. As for the 41, I probably wouldn't buy one at full retail but if I found one at a can't refuse price I wouldn't say no or feel under gunned.
    Last edited by RKJ; 11-07-2021 at 09:28 AM. Reason: spelling

Boolit Master
    Yep prices seem crazy now days.But it is kind of relative.I still have the 2 smiths I bought new a 686 no dash $300 in 84 and a 8 3/8 586-3 $350 in 90.That was alot of money back in the day to.That and as we get older we all have our eyes on the more pricey stuff being we have all the run of the mill things.

Agreed CZ is proud of there stuff and maybe they should be it is all well built good stuff.

That sure is i fine looking ruger wonder what it will end up bringing

As for the new Anaconda looks like I will be waiting for a while yet.Then I bet they come up with a new Dimondback lol.Just thought I would check in here and see if anyone had seen any at there location so far none have showed up here.

Moderator Emeritus

I saw one -- couldn't touch it -- which was already sold at a not-so-LGS. Dealer was holding it until purchaser could get it added to his permit (sometimes, here, a several MONTH wait ) -- so, he'd only let me (&/or anyone else) but look at it. I have one in .45 Long Colt, s.s., with 6” barrel revolver, Model MM4560DT -- Made 1998 -- and I love it. The "sold" one has an 8" barrel, and for some reason did not appear as attractive as my 6" barreled one appears to me... I asked the selling price and he smiled, replying, "You do not want to know" -- whatever that meant. I've attached a manufacturer photo of the new Anaconda -- and, to me -- perhaps what "struck" me in the store -- is to my eyes it more resembles a Python, albeit a tad larger overall... But, it was in .44...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anacinda.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	291335

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Has any one seen one at there LGS.Has any one been able to get one.If so how do you like it.I have an old Anaconda ion 45 colt and love it.sure wwould love to have the new one in 44 mag.
    Bob
    Last edited by georgerkahn; 11-07-2021 at 05:45 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RKJ View Post
    I think it would me too but in 44M or 45 Colt. I was never much of a fan of SA revolvers (or the 41M for that matter) but the older I get I find I really like the looks of them. As for the 41, I probably wouldn't buy one at full retail but if I found one at a can't refuse price I wouldn't say no or feel under gunned.
    The .41 mag is flatter shooting but still delivers good energy. Having shot many, many .357 and .44 mag rounds the .41 intrigues me. But it is possible it would not be as much of a revelation as expected.

Boolit Master
    It looks like we are going to need stout trailer hitches when going to buy a gun these days judging from the above posts, ‘cause we are going to need “Fort Knox” trailing behind us in order to close the “deal”!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Charlie View Post
    Darn thing sold for $1,100!