MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee Precision
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad Data
Wideners Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: arisaka accuracy

Boolit Buddy
    Well I am indeed blessed. I have a 99 that had the barrel set back and reamed to 300 sav. Not wanting that chambering I reamed it to

308 win. It shoots .308 well, but with .311 it is a very accurate rifle. It shoots either cast or jackets very well.

Boolit Master

If its a T38, then their 6.5x50 chambered barrels were Metford-style rifled so they'll appear to have worn edges on their lands and grooves when it reality it was early polygonal rifling long before Glock thought about it... I load .268" sized cast bullets or .264 jacketed flatbase bullets for my three T38s and they'll outshoot many other modern rifles with iron sights.
    If you own a Type I Carcano, they are chambered in 6.5x50 but have standard or what we call typical rifling. I use .264" jacketed (flatbase and boattail) and .266" cast boolits in my Type I and it shoots like a new barrel as well.
    My T99 has a chrome-lined barrel and I used Hornady .312 Round nose jacketed and 200gr .314" roundnose lyman 314299 boolits and it easily stays within 3 inches despite the many years of use that the old vet who had it before me gave it as a farm gun with minimal care. I'd be comfortable using it as a deer or pig rifle in the Eastern woods.

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12