Titan ReloadingRepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anybody disgusted with amazon prime delivery ?

Boolit Master

My latest example of USPS efficiency...

Ordered a small frame adapter for a Glock. The size and weight of a thimble. Company down in Vegas shipped it the next day and said it would be here in 3 days.

Nope. It has taken the US Postal Service 4 days to get it 400 miles. It still has another 700 miles to go, so who knows how much longer it will take.

Attachment 291158
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    You’ll be lucky when and if you get it that the package isn’t torn and the item missing.

Ya think if enough amazon prime customers complained about the postal service delivery they would put the heat on them to shape up ?

My buddy is a mail carrier and there office tells them Amazon packages are PRIORITY DELIVERY OVER THE MAIL !!! They also get them late in their office from the other postal service centers.
    And yes it will get worse for Christmas !

Mike

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I get tired of buying items listed as “new” from Amazon and they come “open boxed returns” or used. I try not use them unless I can’t find iwhat I’m looking for anywhere else. I do like the free returns.

Boolit Master

Left my mom's van at the Chevy dealer last week for repair. Got a call Friday that two needed parts were not availab le new. One used one was available in Canada. The new parts would be $2000 if available, the used one would be $1000. Placed an order with Rock Auto, price was under $800 before taxes, stated delivery was Wednesday of this week. A few hours later got an email that the parts were shipped(packed and labeled, waiting for pickup). The parts were here before noon Monday. The parts received were AC Delco, same part numbers that the dealer gave me, but made in China.

As for Amazon, an occasional issue but not too bad. About 3 weeks ago I ordered a water heater new but damaged original packaging. Received one that was damaged and not in original packaging. Immediately returned it and re-ordered. Got that one in original package that had one small boo boo but the water heater was not damaged. Minor inconvenience but worth the nearly $300 savings over new prime pricing.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

I don't much care for Jeff Bezos getting tax breaks and preferential treatment from the government. He's got enough friends and can do without my money.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BunkTheory View Post
    read the fine print, on many things you cant ORDER unless you have a prime membership, and some other things you also need to have a certain amount of items or price total in your cart before you can order things.
    That may be why I spend more money elsewhere now, if they want to lose sales, fine. I buy for business and always check prices. I've given up on their shipping, if the part is critical I don't order from amazon.

Audible is awful. Their app is garbage. The whole organization has gone downhill fast.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    I've been disgusted with them on and off for several years. Especially today. Was supposed to get a fairly expensive dash camera that my wife wanted badly yesterday. She's sick enough and fragile enough that anything I can get for her, I do. Particularly when she's going to pay me back for it. They finally show that the carrier picked it up this morning. No clue when it will be delivered. I can ask for my money back tomorrow, but they've had $300+tied up for 3 days now. Been telling them for the past 3 years or so not to offer what they cannot deliver. And can't talk my wife out of staying with Amazon Prime. She's buying most of our groceries from them, since she doesn't have to leave her keyboard to do it. I still wind up going to the grocery store several times a week to get stuff they don't have or are out of. We're not a business, but I've been working on fixing up my shop, and trying to get some projects done there and around the house, and they keep not being able to deliver one thing that I need to complete a project. It irrigates me.

Bill

Boolit Master
    Come on guys, they let you build a fortunehttps://www.amazon.com/Lego-999-Silv...pd_rd_wg=KsJX1
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

Boolit Bub
    The way I see it there are two aspects to the issue at hand. Actual shipping times and issues and time to ship.
    I personally have more issue with the issue it take 3-7 to actually ship the package than the ship times which are usually 1-3 days.

That being aside the last order seems to be lost and I have had to order anther faucet cartridge to make honey happy

Boolit Master

I do not use prime. I can wait for my items.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlofPa. View Post
    I do not use prime. I can wait for my items.
    I use Prime and I still have to wait a ridiculous amount of time for my packages.

I ordered "Let's Go Brandon" stickers on November 9th. Will fit in a standard envelope. Wanted to give them to friends that were leaving this week for Arizona for the winter.

3-day delivery, my caboose!

They were shipped/mailed the next day. The 10th. Today is the 15th. Amazon says estimated time of delivery is between the 17th and 25th!

Possibly 16 days to receive an envelope???

Amazon is quickly becoming a joke.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123