MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2Repackbox
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody disgusted with amazon prime delivery ?

Not really complaining, me anyway, just an observation. I use Amazon for things I can't get locally and I won't drive 90 miles to get them. I don't want to drive or give my $ to the commie woke southern Maine. That would be Portland, actually anything south of Augusta. It's not 100% woke and commie, there are exceptions down there but the exceptions don't dare make themselves known down there.

We get our $ worth with Prime with the movies and the "free" shipping.

But the part (laser/light combo) that FedEx tracking told me was stuck in CT? Delivered today as scheduled. I guess it wasn't scanned. It could have been worse. But it's in place and sighted in.
    Let's go Brandon!

Boolit Mold
    No use to me in Montana. I hate supporting Bezos and Amazon on anything, but many times they are the only game in town. But to answer your question, NO. Never took Prime because I would never have seen 2 day shipping and that would be the only value to me. Movies and music aren't for me.

Banned

I don't use prime. I use Amazon only when I have to.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MTMountainman View Post
    No use to me in Montana. I hate supporting Bezos and Amazon on anything, but many times they are the only game in town. But to answer your question, NO. Never took Prime because I would never have seen 2 day shipping and that would be the only value to me. Movies and music aren't for me.
    Welcome to the forum! It says 2013 though, keeping a low profile?
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Moderator Emeritus

Slowed down for me. Was two days now a week or so which has gotten a lil better. I do compare to Walmart at times or Home Depot if my order is $35 or more. Basically keep it for the movies.

Boolit Grand Master

Over the year it is worth it to us in the free shipping for two households and streaming for same. The shipping times have gotten worse, but I would get the same poor times paying for each instance.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Moderator Emeritus

I am not sure there is a better alternative. I have ordered stuff from other companies that take a week to package and ship. We still get ours UPS or USPS.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

When we moved from sparsely populated SE New Mexico to the Houston area I was happy to be able to buy pretty much anything I wanted “locally.” The reality is that the population is roughly double what it was when I left the area 23 years ago and driving has changed here. Most but not all Prime deliveries are on time.

I find myself shopping more options lately, though. Amazon wants to sell quantities or combinations that I don’t need or want. Amazon has had lots of reviews where the quantity advertised didn’t match the quantity delivered lately, too.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Banned
    cant even buy chore bore copper scrubbers without having a prime membership. ALOT of items require you to have a prime membership

When the Covid hit shipping times in general took a big hit.

Amazon was from my experience among the first to recover.

Since then they finished an Amazon Distribution center here, and now we often get things in 1 day or less than a day.
    Some things still take 3-5 but some of that is other company's selling on Amazon and their slower handling of orders.

Too many times to count I would track something 2 days after it should have been here and it still had not yet been picked up.

I won't be cancelling my prime membership any time soon but YMMV.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by BunkTheory View Post
    cant even buy chore bore copper scrubbers without having a prime membership. ALOT of items require you to have a prime membership
    Get a child to help you. You don't need to be a Prime member to buy those. You just have to pay shipping.

I ordered some stuff this morning. Most of it will be here this afternoon, the other item will be here tomorrow.
    NRA Benefactor.

Around here....

UPS - gets it done

Amazon - gets it done, sometimes a day or two late.

USPS and FEDEX - drunk monkeys and angry beavers that fail with regularity

NRA LIFE Member

USPSA/IPSC

I stopped using them because of their censorship BS. I found there are many places online that sell stuff too.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
    There is hidden value here that many fail to realize.
    One thing that I don't like about Amazon delivery, is the seedy looking characters that show up to make the deliveries. Usually a bunch of 'woke' looking city boys that make me wonder if they're casing my hood during business hours. No problems so far, so it must just be me judging people by their looks. I do that because it works for me.
    I had never seen an Amazon van until I visited my daughter in Seattle last month. Around here, most of the Amazon stuff goes through either the USPS or Fed-Ex. All locals, so always pleasant and smiling when I meet them.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Banned
    Three months ago I had an order that didn't arrive...I ended up talking to a big wig after about 5 calls...Bottom line...Get used to it folks. All delivery systems are in chaos. USPS probably the worst. They had to hire many many more people...scraping the bottom of the barrel....consequence...not enough workers and the ones they have are irresponsible and lazy.
    Last edited by ShooterAZ; 10-31-2021 at 06:49 PM. Reason: More politics

Boolit Master
    I'm disgusted with looking up a movie I want to watch and being told I'd have to rent or buy it. The TV is good, but they screw you on movies unless you're willing to rent them.

Boolit Master

I spoke too soon. I ordered some Loctite pipe thread sealer and some electronic switches early Friday, scheduled for delivery today. Amazon showed that it was delivered by USPS. USPS says they left in my mailbox this afternoon. It’s not in my mailbox or that of any of our immediate neighbors. We live in a cul-de-sac of just 5 houses. I’ll give them their 24 hours but the post office should have had it in the mailbox if that’s what their tracking shows. I’m assuming it’s a USPS last mile issue.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Quote Originally Posted by higgins View Post
    I'm disgusted with looking up a movie I want to watch and being told I'd have to rent or buy it. The TV is good, but they screw you on movies unless you're willing to rent them.
    Ummm, no. You just need to filter your movies to get the freebies and read the text. They won't do it for you.

OMG! Am I defending Bezos? I hope I was instructing.
    Let's go Brandon!

Boolit Buddy
    I’ve dropped my prime couple years ago. Don’t miss it. I still shop at Amazon, it just takes up to week sometimes and I’m totally fine with it (most of the times it’s still 2-4 days).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    Get a child to help you. You don't need to be a Prime member to buy those. You just have to pay shipping.

I ordered some stuff this morning. Most of it will be here this afternoon, the other item will be here tomorrow.
    read the fine print, on many things you cant ORDER unless you have a prime membership, and some other things you also need to have a certain amount of items or price total in your cart before you can order things.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast