Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full shelves

Boolit Master

Full shelves

They opened a Costco in our area yesterday. Shelves were completely full up to the rafters. Some good prices; butter $2#, bacon 4$# Buffalo Trace whiskey $19 bottle. Never have trouble using up the butter and bacon plus it keeps great in the freezer. Good selection of seafood too. Did not check the gasoline prices. Got a nice bottle of Kirkland Napa Valley red blend for $11 - tasty with a good "nose".
    Too bad they don't sell guns.....

Boolit Buddy
    The bacon was $4/lb? I’d load that cart up. We do eat a lot of it...

Boolit Master
    Bourbon, bacon and butter - all for good deals!!??? Holy moly what else do you really need!!??

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Full shelves

Have yet to find some thing Kirkland branded that I didn’t like. Bacon at four dollars a pound is incredible because right now in my area it’s $18 for a pack of the pre-cooked.

Funny story, friends brother did a business case study of Kirkland private brand and if you see a Kirkland product next to a namebrand product of the same variety that’s who made the private label version. For instance, Costco only sells Duracell batteries and Kirkland batteries. Because Duracell makes Kirkland batteries. Same thing applies to their liquor, whatever brand name is next to that product that’s who makes it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by StuBach View Post
    Costco only sells Duracell batteries and Kirkland batteries. Because Duracell makes Kirkland batteries. Same thing applies to their liquor, whatever brand name is next to that product that’s who makes it.
    Hmmm I had a bunch of the kirkland AA batteries leaked Alkali in less than 5 years. I have not had that with duracell.

We finally got a gas station if I could only remember to use it.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

now if Costco would only start selling primers and brass....

We used it for a few years. Wife doesn't like shopping to fill the freezer and pantry. She is happy to shop 2 or 3 times a week depending on what she feels like cooking. Spent two years of pointing out that if one saves 10% on the purchases at Costco then one has to purchase at least $500 in goods to cover the cost of $50 membership. Not going to do that then no point. We saved a couple hundred on buying smart phones when we originally signed up for membership. Was full of excuses after that for why we couldn't go there. Sigh. I liked the cheeses.

Ironic is we use between 2 and 3 cans of coffee a month and get the majority of our income once a month. Could never figure out why we didn't go buy a month worth of coffee, butter, frozen vegetables, and some meat. Be nice to find a good tasting budget price merlot. Rockbrook is one merlot we found at the local meat store but if Costco has a good merlot THAT might encourage wife to shop there. We used to buy an IPA (ale) there and I see connection from her switching to wine from beer having a connection to loss of interest in Costco.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    The thing I found with Costco is the different weight of packaged items. Odd ball weight different from your typical market. You really need to know the cost per oz.
    EX.) You might see a 3pk of cheese for $12, but they are 10oz each, so $12/ 30oz.
    But you can buy 1 - 16oz pk for $3@ so, 48oz fer $9
    I just made this up as example but you get my drift.

They do have so good deals but you just need to be aware. Big air filled bags of chips with less weight in the bags. They were 8oz now you start seeing 7 1/2oz at same or slightly higher costs.

Mike

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Take advantage of the new store opening and wanting to get people in the habit of going there. Stock up your freezer. I bet prices will have inched up to normal in less than six months.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    At ours you can get all the bacon and butter you want.

BUT..........................there is no water! They cannot get enough plastic bottles from their maker to use! Thanks to the shortage of petro products that go into making plastic bottles (thanks Bidum) they cannot keep the shelves full, even at 1 per customer. I guess we can always store water and other liquids in solar-powered and wind-powered bottles?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Sad. Very sad.

At least I still have a thing called a FAUCET!!!!!!!!

Boolit Master
    At our Costco that opened about 3 months ago their gas has consistently been 25 to 30 cents less than the going price in town.

Maybe they don't carry water because their green police decided that it was a waste of plastic and not enough profit because it's so cheap anywhere else in town that sells in volume.

Moderator Emeritus

Been a Costco member since around '87. If you see some you like, buy it. Do not wait as it may not be there again. I have noticed since the pandemic that a lot of items they used to sell, like skim milk, are not offered anymore. Used to be get the range, but now only whole and 2% near me. Jewelry is great. Their customer service used to be the best, but has dropped off substantially over the last 4-5 years it seems. Stock up while you can.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    At ours you can get all the bacon and butter you want.

BUT..........................there is no water! They cannot get enough plastic bottles from their maker to use! Thanks to the shortage of petro products that go into making plastic bottles (thanks Bidum) they cannot keep the shelves full, even at 1 per customer. I guess we can always store water and other liquids in solar-powered and wind-powered bottles?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Sad. Very sad.

At least I still have a thing called a FAUCET!!!!!!!!
    They have 24 oz stainless vacuum bottles 2 for $16 right now. I have a RO and bottle my own.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Moderator Emeritus

Current Costco membership for an Executive member is $110. We get two rebates a year, one for about $135 and another for about $750. We put all our purchases on the card and pay it off every month. It works for us.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

They just opened the doors. I would be surprised if their shelves weren't packed, wouldn't you?

Go back in two weeks and take another look.
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    They just opened the doors. I would be surprised if their shelves weren't packed, wouldn't you?

Go back in two weeks and take another look.
    My Costco makes sure the spaces for missing items are always filled with some different product. Where the canned mushrooms are supposed to be, you'll find a double stock of canned beans. No baking soda? There's a pallet of flour in its place.
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    Hmmm I had a bunch of the kirkland AA batteries leaked Alkali in less than 5 years. I have not had that with duracell.

We finally got a gas station if I could only remember to use it.
    Same here. If duracell does make Kirkland batteries they are not made the same. I love Costco, but I'll never buy a Kirkland battery again.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master

I agree the Kirkland batteries are not as good as the Duracell. Must be rejects or seconds from Duracell.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by cwtebay View Post
    Bourbon, bacon and butter - all for good deals!!??? Holy moly what else do you really need!!??

Primers, powder, and percussion caps

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by cwtebay View Post

Guns. And ammo.
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

This past May we drove a car back from Winston Salem, NC via the Outer Banks. It was right during the time that Colonial Pipeline was hacked and held hostage. Although others were reporting gasoline shortages we never had any problems getting a full tank from any of the Costco stations. We bought a new car at the end of June and saved $3500 on the purchase. Costco has some very good deals and some not so good deals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast