Inline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox

Thread: Hollywood Universal Turret handles

Boolit Bub

Hollywood Universal Turret handles

Question: I’ve had several Universals and they all had four turret handles except my last and current press which has but one ( different tale ). A lot of the old catalogs etc only show one handle but I got my other two past presses from the founder of Sierra Bullets and he had a row of them all with multiple handles. Did they have four or one for each hole at 90° ?

Next question: my existing handle measures 2 5/8” long from shoulder to tip and .900” wide at round end and it’s bright metal. Does this sound right ? Could one of you guys measure yours and let me know. I only ask cause I bought three replicas from that site and they just arrived and are way smaller and oxided black. They measure 1 3/4” long to shoulder and .725” at handle end. I really don’t recall these handles being so short and small. In fact they really don’t offer much help turning the turret head just too short. But then may I’m all wet here. The seller did a nice job on these handles and I appreciate that he is supporting these presses but.

Rick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 816AD3C0-2917-4572-9D45-0E45AA159567.jpg  

Hollywood universal turret handles as measured moments ago...x4 2.867x .865. I have no way of knowing if they are original. I bought it from a 95 year old who bought it new.
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Boolit Bub
    Thanks Super6 those measurements a close to mine. However the fact that you have four handles is significant.

Never mind folks all is resolved

Thanks
    Rick
    Last edited by garbler; 10-28-2021 at 08:02 PM.