Load DataInline FabricationWidenersLee Precision
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: Ruger PC Carbine 19122

Ruger PC Carbine 19122

Any one have this model and your what are your thoughts.

Boolit Master

If you want/like the rail it's good to go.

I have the standard PCC and the Charger version. I shoot both quite a bit and have never had a problem,
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master
    Have the standard/original model, I love it. Mine is setup as a USPSA PCC gun with competition in mind. Shoots really nice, soft & flat shooting gun right out of the box. Have a bunch of race gun parts on mine.
    My buddys AR-9 went down right before a big match so I loaned hin the PC. He took 3rd in his class with it at Area 3 Hornady championship!

Mods: Volquartsen trigger, Taccom butt pad, charging handle, oversized mag release, rear sight 1913 base, and 3-port comp. Mcarbo buffer, spring retainer, bolt pins, extractor, Holosun 510 optic.
    Last edited by Mytmousemalibu; 10-31-2021 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Csnt spell nor type apparently
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Thanks for the information. Have one being shipped this Wednesday…. can not wait…..

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mytmousemalibu View Post
    Have the standard/original model, I love it. Mine is setup as a USPSA PCC gun with competition in mind. Shoots really nice, soft & flat shooting gun right out of the box. Have a bunch of race gun parts on mine.
    My buddys AR-9 went fown right before a big match so I loaned hin the PC. He took 3rd in his class with it at Area 3 Hornady championship!

Mods: Volquartsen trigger, Taccom butt pad, charging handle, oversized mag release, rear sight 1913 base, and 3-port comp. Mcarbo buffer, spring retainer, bolt pins, extractor, Holosun 510 optic.
    Mine is set up almost the same. Volquartsen trigger, oversized charging handle, Jawbone mag release, rear sight 1913 base and TandomKross compensator. It also has the MCarbo buffer, bolt pins, and extractor.

I also have the Charger version set up pretty much the same way.

The Charger is one of those guns that brings a smile to the face of everyone who shoots it.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    Mine is set up almost the same. Volquartsen trigger, oversized charging handle, Jawbone mag release, rear sight 1913 base and TandomKross compensator. It also has the MCarbo buffer, bolt pins, and extractor.

I also have the Charger version set up pretty much the same way.

The Charger is one of those guns that brings a smile to the face of everyone who shoots it.
    It's a really awesome little gun! I have that extractor too, forgot about that but never had a problem with the oem extractor. Im a sucker for upgrades. I have the Taccom magwell funnel too. The stock iron sights are pretty good too but the Holosun 510 is a cheat code on this gun. Any decent red dot is a perfect companion on the PC Carbine.

Ruger did a great job on this gun. Its like an upscale, more solid 10/22. Very smooth, gentle recoil which means fast follow up shots. Lot smoother & more stable than my AR-9. Ruger putting that floating tungsten block in the bolt was brilliant. It acts like a deadblow that balances the bolt motion and stops bolt bounce. I like tbe ability to do LH or RH charging. The real stroke of brilliance was the adaptable magwell for Ruger mags and the gold standard, Glock mags. That was the reason I bought it really. The most common mag around and millions and millions of them made was THE selling point! I don't have a Glock right now but a hoard of magazines, yes. Ruger did really well with the takedown system too. Smooth & solid system.

Three Bears, you will not be disappointed! Mine pictured here!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200708_010913_remastered.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	291078
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Master

I have the non-pistol-grip version. Mechanically, it's a great gun. Recommend you anti-seize the threads on your takedown collar and snug it up good. Practically accurate at 100 yards (zero at 75) and wonderfully fun so long as you realize it and its cartridge were never intended to participate in Benchrest matches. I ordered a second charging handle and have one on both sides, but being right handed, really only use the one on the left (identical to the "modern techniques" with an AR).

My own opinion is that since it's basically a big 10/22, the controls MAY be better suited to the conventional "hunting" style stock than the pistol grip, so you might want to fiddle around with both a few minutes before making the final purchase.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.