Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad Data
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxWideners
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Scam

Boolit Master

Amazon Scam

I got 2 calls from "Amazon" that my purchase did not go through and to press 1 for help.

I did not buy anything from Amazon in the last month and it was obviously a scam. The voice was digitally altered.

I tried to report it to Amazon and they have a web page devoted to fraud but no way to report it.
    Last edited by Mal Paso; 10-27-2021 at 04:50 PM.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master

I get those, too. The version I've heard (on a voicemail message) says I ordered some expensive bauble, which will be delivered to me if I do nothing, but to respond if I did not place the order. Natch, they'll want 'confirmation' of my payment details.

Boolit Master

Thanks Mal for the heads up about this scam. It is awful that with all else we have to be concerned about that we have to be constantly on guard for this type of "business".
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Buddy
    I got two of them. Reported to Amazon. They said there's not much they can do. Got some emails. They had me forward them to their fraud dept. Didn't hear anything back.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Blame your phone company they allow the system to be spoofed.

Got one that said there was a 700 dollar charged to my Amazon card. Called the card company instead if pressing 1 and they said it was a fraud attempt.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post
    Got one that said there was a 700 dollar charged to my Amazon card. Called the card company instead if pressing 1 and they said it was a fraud attempt.
    $700, is that all, I was owed over & $1000. I don't have an Amazon account. Never had one.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

My wife got 2 of those, first one was for 1200$. Thankfully she hung up on both. I checked both Amazon and our bank, nothing like that in the works. They are fishing with bad bait.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master

Over the last 6 months Spam Calls on my Cell and House have exploded. I get an Amazon scam a couple times a week. I guess I am a popular guy in India/China/Russia/Syria/et.al the places they scammers call from.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master
    YOU guys are full of it. Wal Mart is sending me $ 1500.00 HA Home depot is sending a Hundred. So and So forth.. Just Sour Grapes from u guys...

Boolit Master
    I need to get a 1-900 number so the scammers can pay for my time. LOL
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    Way to many Vehicle extended warranty calls. I press 1, tell them I have a 1975 Dodge Dart with 56k on it. They ask if I have any vehicle between 2006-2009, I say Nope. CLICK ! They gone

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAYPOOL View Post
    YOU guys are full of it. Wal Mart is sending me $ 1500.00 HA Home depot is sending a Hundred. So and So forth.. Just Sour Grapes from u guys...
    Just send me your credit card details and i'll process the refund for you right now...

I've a phone with 601 area code and live in 479. If I get a 601 call that is unknown to me, it is ignored. I don't get 479 calls from unknowns, nor spam calls. Makes it easy to ignore 99% of the spam.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Wouldn't you just love to be locked in a room with a 1/2 dozen of these 'Soy Boy Geek Criminals' so you could have your way with them?
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by myg30 View Post
    Way to many Vehicle extended warranty calls. I press 1, tell them I have a 1975 Dodge Dart with 56k on it. They ask if I have any vehicle between 2006-2009, I say Nope. CLICK ! They gone
    I tell them I have a 1947 CJ2A Willys! Click!!!
    If I answer the phone!

Boolit Master

Why answer. See the # don't know it don't answer. Don't have a phone with caller id and answering machine what year are you living in?? Mine even shows on the bottom of the TV.

Boolit Master

I like those calls.
    I tell them I already have the package. THat I really like it. And I thank them for the excellent service
    When they ask for credit card information I tell them it is on the invoice for the purchase and it was taken from the card when I made the purchase.
    If they press me for the number, I tell them the card belongs to a friend and I given them the number of the local police station where the friend works
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    I like those calls.
    I tell them I already have the package. THat I really like it. And I thank them for the excellent service
    When they ask for credit card information I tell them it is on the invoice for the purchase and it was taken from the card when I made the purchase.
    If they press me for the number, I tell them the card belongs to a friend and I given them the number of the local police station where the friend works
    I wonder if any of them call your "Friend" at the Police station ? That's Priceless !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by myg30 View Post
    SWMBO tells them she has a 1955 Mercedes 300SL. The only thing she has from 1955 is me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast