RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FedEx Has my gun

FedEx Has my gun

I sent a KelTec PF9 back to the mother ship because it would not fire and they fixed it (they said) and sent it back. Now Fedex has it according to the tracking # info and I've been camped out at home 5 days since they said it was ready for delivery and so far it is a no show. Calling FedEx is a lesson in futility. It will probably go back to the mfg and all this mess will start all over again. Grrrrrr!
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master

thats if your lucky. why would anybody trust a valuable to fed ex, they intentionally break stuff for fun.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Banned
    Good luck Murf I know your pain.

Boolit Buddy
    Call KelTec. I had a similar problem with UPS. A call to the shipper, who contacted UPS, resulted in delivery. It wasn't a firearm but the shipper was a large company with great customer service.

Shelly
    "EXPERT= Ex is a has been, spurt is a drip under pressure" Unknown

Boolit Master
    Yep, lay it on the shipper. From past experience it was easier on me as the shipper to find problems. Also, any insurance is paid to the shipper.

It was also my understanding that legally the shipper 'owns' the item until it is delivered so any problems are theirs to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    thats if your lucky. why would anybody trust a valuable to fed ex, they intentionally break stuff for fun.
    That's the way FedEx sent it back to me. I called KelTec and they said they had better luck with FedEx than with UPS! I tried to contact FedEx again via tracking # but that was a joke.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Call BATF, report the gun as missing, and it's last known location. They usually get pretty fast response.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Out of the blue, the knock on the door was FedEx with my gun. The paper work said it got an updated barrel(?) , magazine catch, hammer block, magazine follower, firing pin spring, extractor spring and screw and polished the feed ramp. Now when I get a chance to go to the range we'll see f it functions correctly.

I hate Fed Ex. I ordered 3000 9mm casings from Everglades and since I have ordered from them before I know they pack stuff right. But even they can't pack it so Fed Ex can screw it up. My wife was our watering her plants in the front when the Fed Ex guy just threw it out the back of his truck. But I am with you. Try to get something done at Fed Ex is close to impossible.

ACC

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murf205 View Post
    Out of the blue, the knock on the door was FedEx with my gun. The paper work said it got an updated barrel(?) , magazine catch, hammer block, magazine follower, firing pin spring, extractor spring and screw and polished the feed ramp. Now when I get a chance to go to the range we'll see f it functions correctly.
    Lucky you got it.

Someone got sticky fingered with my .300 BO upper. The driver swears he drop it off so case closed.

I went so far as to sign up for their notifications. I hate giving up my information but I did anyway. Guess how many notifications I got- that's right- 0. As if all we had to do was sit on the porch for a week and wait for them to show up. UPS is no better. They are all GPS tracked and they could at least let you know that it is on the truck and SOMETIME that day it MIGHT show up. It may be just be but the USPS does a better job that these thieves do. End of rant, the beer is finally cold!
    Last edited by murf205; 10-28-2021 at 10:31 AM.

Boolit Master
    they will send it to ffl and guess what ? hope he is friend

Boolit Master

I ordered an expensive Odyssey battery for my Jeep and FedEx showed it as delivered. I had seen the driver heave a heavy box to my porch, so I left it there until I wanted to install it. The heavy box had 4 gallons of pickle juice in it, which just happened to be delivered when I expected the battery. No battery. Bit of dithering about and I dug into detailed tracking for the battery. It made it all the way from Sacramento to Dixon, CA for delivery, less than 25 miles. I live in Texas. I contacted the Amazon seller yesterday, no response yet. They may be stunned into silence by that feat of misdelivery.

Boolit Master
    Glad to hear it made it back to you .
    Hope it works good now.

Here Fedx is famous for leaving a note, (no matter what it is) saying no-one was home, couldn't deliver, but we could drive to their location, (30+ miles away) and pick it up there. ''No! You're a D-E-L-I-V-E-R-Y service-YOU DELIVER IT!'' I never had a problem with UPS, they know if no-one answers the front door to come around the back, (I might be cutting the grass or playing ball with the dogs).

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    With FedEx once had a rifle being shipped to a FFL make the trip back to Texas 3 times. When finally delivered to FFL, driver left it on the curb in front of his store
    Regards
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Ithaca Gunner View Post
    Here Fedx is famous for leaving a note, (no matter what it is) saying no-one was home, couldn't deliver, but we could drive to their location, (30+ miles away) and pick it up there. ''No! You're a D-E-L-I-V-E-R-Y service-YOU DELIVER IT!'' I never had a problem with UPS, they know if no-one answers the front door to come around the back, (I might be cutting the grass or playing ball with the dogs).
    Well, it was almost the end of the rant.
    I offered to go to the local FedEx office and pick it up but the only person I could get in touch with said that they could ONLY deliver it to the address on the box because it had to have an adult signature. I told her I could sign my name at the FedEx location just as well as I could at my front door but she said it was not legal to do that! For crying out loud, is there no common sense left in this world. I could hardly understand her because her accent was very predominate. Heaven knows what country she was in!

Fedex shipped my new mizzleloader to me. I got emails from the seller and fedex telling me I had to sign for it. I sat home on the day of expected delivery. Waited all day and nothing. Walked outside, and there it was leaning against my porch. They never knocked or anything.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Master

Got a handgun on the way back from Ruger for some warranty work. FedEx shipped promptly to Ruger. Fingers crossed for an uneventful return trip.
    "There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something."
    ~Thorin Oakenshield

Boolit Buddy
    The last pistol I sent back to Ruger went fed ex everything went fine but they just left it on my porch without ringing the doorbell or asking for a signature.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast