Load DataRotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading Everything
RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: RIA service

Boolit Master

RIA service

Ordered a RIA 206 couldn't get the cylinder open , contacted them they sent a shipping label, was told 4-6 weeks turn around. Been gone 1.5 weeks and I got a notice that it was fixed and on its way back. I am excited to try it out and happy.
    Frank G.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    We sell a ton of RIA products at my side job shop, people love 'em.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    Got another revolver as the one I ordered was unfixable, this 206 works fine. RIA's service is impressive.
    Frank G.

Sweet!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Moderator Emeritus

Glad to hear they gave good customer service. Been waiting on a 38 super for months now at LGS. Since my fingers won't cooperate like they should, my trying to build one kinda got pushed back so figure get a basic and go from there.

Boolit Master

Is that a 38 snub nose revolver? I was looking at them before the sharp left turn and they seemed solid.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Yes, it's kind of a loose Colt DS copy and can use the same grips and holsters.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    Yes, it's kind of a loose Colt DS copy and can use the same grips and holsters.
    loose alright... a pinto is a camaro because they both have cars.

like the bryco or jennings of the revolver world.

Love mine! Another customer was looking at it as I approached, he declined to buy and the salesman was about to put it back in the case. "Mind if I take a look at that?" He hands it to me, I see that it is a RIA and get more interested.

I look it over carefully, decide I'll take it. Salesman says I'll go find the box. Comes back 10 min later and sheepishly says it appears it was our display model and there is no box.

I say "Knock 20$ off the tag and I'll take it as is"

Deal he says. 240$ became 220$ and I spent 15$ on a case for it.

Grabbed a box of some .38 spl I had loaded up, went to the range.
    No hicups, no problems, decently sized group. But I was not wild about the overmolded rubber type grips.
    Went to the RIA site, found replacement grips for a similar looking model. (I think the grips were the only difference)

28$ got me a speedloader and a set of checkered walnut grips which fit my small hands perfectly.

Ever since it sits between my bed and my bedside table with a MTM box of .38spl sitting next to it.
    Sometimes its nice to have something a bit shorter than the Rem 870 with 30" barrel.

I have not shot mine a lot, I have not needed to use it. But I am happy with the quality, and the price.

It is not a show piece, but it does not need to be either.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master

RIA CS has always been to notch for me. I lost the detent for my 38 revolver. I called and in 2-3 days i had new one in my hands. I had to send in my one 45 1911. It needed a slide stop. I already diagnosed it. They insisted i send the gun in. They replaced the slide stop and gave it a tune up too.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

I think most of these companies do what they can and should... I've a RIA 1911 that lost its front sight after about 100 or so rounds. Sent it back and it came back better than new.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post
    I think most of these companies do what they can and should... I've a RIA 1911 that lost its front sight after about 100 or so rounds. Sent it back and it came back better than new.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    People make fun of Remington semi autos, but didnt make 1911s for uncle same that went through world war two, korea, and vietnam without the sight falling off?

Boolit Grand Master
    Some did, but every armorer's kit had a staking tool in it.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

I have an RIA M200 and it shoots great, never a lick of trouble with it.

Boolit Master
    I have looked at some of their 1911 pistols. They looked very good.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BunkTheory View Post
    People make fun of Remington semi autos, but didnt make 1911s for uncle same that went through world war two, korea, and vietnam without the sight falling off?
    If you look at the teeny little front sights on the GI 1911's it is not surprising. I never had a problem with a 1911 front sight until I put on one of those big 'block' looking things

Boolit Buddy
    Buddy pretty much shot his RIA 1911 barrel out. He was a big .45 guy and shot it a LOT. Sent it back expecting to do nothing given how much use it had. Their gunsmith called a few days later as he just wanted to talk to the guy who had shot anything that much as they usually see things back for abuse or a production mistakes rather that a lot of use. Forget if they sent him a new pistol or totally rebuilt it but my buddy was thrilled with the situation and is still going strong with it. Based on his experience, I picked up one of their 1911's also.

Boolit Buddy

I guess I kinda like ‘em. Got 5 of their 1911 in different sizes, models, and calibers.

Boolit Master
    I bought an RIA 20 gauge single shot. The hammer strike was very light. The RK store I bought it from sent it back for me. I got it back in about 4-6 weeks and it works fine.