Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxInline FabricationLoad DataWideners
Reloading Everything

Thread: Burris Fullfield IV

Burris Fullfield IV

Does the Burris Fullfield IV 2.5-10x42 riflescope withstand heavy recoil?
    "When the homeland is in danger, everything is allowed, except not to defend it."

Gral. Don José de San Martin.

Mine is on a 375 H&H so far its holding up but I have only fired 40 rounds. Burris claims all of their scopes are tested to withstand 50 BMG recoil. The upside is they have the forever warranty so they’ll fix or replace it should it fail. I sent a scope in a while back and the turn around for repair and shipping back to me was 7 days.

My only complaint so far is the tube is short and it was difficult to mount as there is no room for eye relief adjustments if you needed to do so, at least not on my rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by JLF View Post
    Does the Burris Fullfield IV 2.5-10x42 riflescope withstand heavy recoil?
    Last edited by savagetactical; 10-26-2021 at 09:00 AM.
    Sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes the bar eats you.

Yesterday I bought a Burris Fullfield IV 2.5-10x42 , to mount on my Remington .338 win. mag.
    Thank you for your reply.
    Last edited by JLF; 10-27-2021 at 10:15 PM.
    "When the homeland is in danger, everything is allowed, except not to defend it."

Boolit Master
    I've found Burris to be as reliable as Leupold, and better than most others, with excellent customer service. I've got a few (at least 6) Fullfield II's on hard kicking rifles, 444, 45-70, 300 Mag, a light 358 Win without any problems and round counts of at 150 to 500 or more, a couple 308's and a .243 with round counts of 1000 plus or much more. I have a 6.5-20 Fullfirld IV but its on a heavy 6.5 Creedmoor so recoil impulse is not great. I find the only benefit of Leupold over Burris is in the weight department, Leupold makes a slightly lighter scope but now that they have changed the VX-3i to the VX-3HD with spin a dial, I will be looking at more Burris.

Thank you for your reply.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I think the Fullfield series is the best sub-300.00 scope out there. Ive had one particular Fullfield II on several different rifles for about 10 years and it is still good as new.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    I think the Fullfield series utis the best sub-300.00 scope o there. Ive had one particular Fullfield II on several different rifles for about 10 years and it is still good as new.
    "the best sub-300.00 scope o there" What does it mean?

Boolit Master

He means the best scope in the under $300 price range. I have a few fullfield IIs and have never had an issue with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by BK7saum View Post
    He means the best scope in the under $300 price range. I have a few fullfield IIs and have never had an issue with any of them.
    Thank you very much.

Boolit Master
    I've had a fixed power Burris on a model Seven in .308 that I bet has close to two thousands rounds on it. No problems..