RotoMetals2RepackboxReloading EverythingWideners
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Springfield Armory’s new Hi-Power

Boolit Master

Its just too good a design to let it die!

Boolit Master

I know you are right................
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Boolit Master

Hopefully, in the fullness of time, they will also offer it in .40 S&W. I remember when Guns and Ammo magazine built an experimental .40 caliber HP, using cut off .30 Rem cases, back in the '70s. Browning had a .40 S&W version for a while, wish I had grabbed one then. "Always yield to temptation, you may not get a second chance."
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Boolit Master
    Strange happenings in the shipping arena. Yeaterday I posted I had 2 15 round HP mags on backorder at Midway due to get here maybe by Thanksgiving. Well, tonight I got an email saying they'd been shipped. Maybe I'll get lucky and the Springfield fairy will start delivering guns to dealers. GF

Boolit Master

I picked up six 15 round MecGar mags. I was hoping to find the nickel-plated ones but they seem to be out of stock everywhere. I bought mine from Bud's as they seemed to have the best price.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

You know you have a problem when you start buying magazines for a pistol you only hope to get someday! I personally now have a half-dozen 13-rounders inbound, while I hope to see an SA-35 at MSRP in six to 12 months. "Always yield to temptation, you may not get a second chance!"

Anybody want to start a raging debate about 15-round versus 13-round magazines?
    Last edited by 376Steyr; 10-31-2021 at 03:50 PM.
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

In the pic, isn't that one of those dumb 10 shot magazines?

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Glad someone finally started it up again
    Avatar - 2006, my oldest son (6'2"), trying to lift the 95lb Cobia he caught at Cape Hatteras, NC from the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by 376Steyr View Post
    Hopefully, in the fullness of time, they will also offer it in .40 S&W. I remember when Guns and Ammo magazine built an experimental .40 caliber HP, using cut off .30 Rem cases, back in the '70s. Browning had a .40 S&W version for a while, wish I had grabbed one then. "Always yield to temptation, you may not get a second chance."
    Local pistol range has a staff member that has a 40 SW Hi-power, and shoots it quite well.
    Avatar - 2006, my oldest son (6'2"), trying to lift the 95lb Cobia he caught at Cape Hatteras, NC from the beach.

Boolit Grand Master

Looks like the old P-9 has been resurrected again. ILL-Nois troopers gave the model a go in the 40 S&W but in a stainless look. Went with a different brand. Local police supply sold off some trade-ins and we snagged one. Actually it was our first 40 S&W.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Bub
    Gunbroker.com has these listed auctions only.....

A good friend of mine just bought one from Williams Gun Sight in Davison Mi. for $635.00. They told him about a month out since their first pre-order of 20 pistols is already sold. I love Williams.....
    https://williamsgunsight.com
    Deplorable infidel

Boolit Buddy
    I could never get my BHP to shoot very well. My cheaper CZ-75B always outshot it by a fairly wide margin...

SA should have offered a railed model. It's 2021, after all.

376Steyr, as to your wish for a .40 S&W BHP; I have one, with adjustable sights that's the best shooter of my .40's (Sig P226, Bersa Thunder Pro, Colt Delta Elite Gold Cup, and the aforementioned BHP). It was a Christmas gift from one of my sons a decade ago and is in ~100% condition.

The gun's at least as accurate as my Browining Practical in 9mm, and especially likes Norma 135 gr JHP's and about any 155 gr HP in either cast and jacketed that I've tried. The only drawback to the gun is one that you'll not see mentioned in print often is that it's slide racking weight is pretty stout. Much heavier than the 9mm combination and that's no slouch either.

The late Stephen Camp, that dyed in the wool aficionado of all things BHP, once said in his blog, that he'd had a .40 BHP for some years and it was the most accurate of any .40 he'd ever shot. Strong praise from an old shooter who really understood the venerable P-35.

Best Regards, Rod
    Pic of my .40 with Hogue stocks & PS: I'm looking for one of the Springfield P-35's, just to compare it with my Brownings. The write-ups on the new gun are exceptionally positive in the American Rifleman and G&A reviews.

Last edited by Rodfac; 11-14-2021 at 11:00 PM.
    Rod

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Well, looks like the new SA-35 is popular. They are selling for way over MSRP on Gunbroker right now. Glad to see that alot of folks still love the old Grande Puissance
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Quote Originally Posted by 376Steyr View Post
    You know you have a problem when you start buying magazines for a pistol you only hope to get someday! I personally now have a half-dozen 13-rounders inbound, while I hope to see an SA-35 at MSRP in six to 12 months. "Always yield to temptation, you may not get a second chance!"

Anybody want to start a raging debate about 15-round versus 13-round magazines?
    I've done this!

1994 or so, at the Sahara Gun Show in Las Vegas, I bought a lovely high condition Magazine for the early 'STAR' Model M Pistol, for $5.00.

Fast forward to 2018, and, I finally got a very nice 'Star' Model M for it to go with.

It's a good method!

Boolit Master
    I got the itch for one too but not at current prices. Decided to pick up a battle worn FEG P9. I believe it came here after much use in Israel. Replaced the ejector and recoil springs and bought a new 13 round Megar mag. Great range gun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123