Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad DataTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: Midway USA problems…again

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar

Midway USA problems…again

I was going to order a Vortex viper last week but was waiting till I had the funds. I placed the optic in my cart last Friday for $399 as a “Pre Order” saying approximate arrival date was 10/28/21. Today when I went to cart it was gone and it was down to $249! The problem is I can’t add it to cart now and pre order it. The only option I have is to be notified when it arrives. I called Midway and was told they would honor the price of $249.99 as long as it comes in by the end of the month. I was also told by the Midway representative that they only change their prices once a month, at the beginning of each month. So he couldn’t explain how the price got changed and they don’t, and never have, let anyone “pre order” merchandise.

Here’s the add from this morning. Wish I would have took a screen shot of the $399 price with a pre order from last week. I’m sure that is why it was removed from my Midway USA’s shopping cart,

So I called Vortex to ask if they did indeed ship these optics to Midway. The person I talked with asked the sales manager. Very nice guys BTW. He knew nothing about the Midway USA order and I was told that optic was discontinued. I was also told they had zero in inventory. The rep said they would research it and get back to me. Got a call a few minutes later from Vortex and was told they had something set up that these optics were or order and that Midway would be getting them but not till December. Vortex said if it were them to call Midway back and ask to have the current price they honored at $249 to be extended from October 31st to the end of December. They also said if Midway pulls a fast one and doesn’t honor the price to call them back and they have retailers they work with that I could save some money off of vortex…but not as cheap as $249. It was round a $100 more for the Dead hold version. I then called Midway back and told them I talked directly with Vortex. I told them the optics are not due to arrive till some time in December. I asked if they could honor the price through December and also if I could just pre order a scope. I was told no to both and their prices change to often to honor the $249. It doesn’t surprise me with Midway. I’ve seen them go out of stock on certain items and then the next day the price on that item gets dropped to a ridiculously low price. I believe they do it so Midway USA comes up as the lowest at price when the item is googled. I believe it’s a marketing “scam” to get you to click on their website and hopefully took around to think there are other ”deals” there. Not upset over it but just figured I’d share since I’ve have problems with Midway USA in the past. I figured at least if I was able to order the optic for a great price Vortex would take care of the warranty.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 10-25-2021 at 12:43 PM.

Boolit Master
    Midway is good for tricks like that. If you look at the sales flyer they send out and compare the prices on the website lots of times the website prices are cheaper for the same items.

I think Larry Potterfield graduated from the Wayne Robert LaPierre jr. school of building self wealth! I don't deal with them anymore.

Boolit Master
    I've never had any problems with Midway, but I have learned to not order anything that is out of stock, even if it says it can be back ordered.

Boolit Master
    I haven’t bought from them since they stoped the C&R discounts.

Mike

Banned
    its like the amazon policy, if you put something in your to buy cart,,, ANY time that item in its system changing price... you have to delete it and re enter it into your cart manually.

Moderator Emeritus

I had an issue with Midway this summer on the bone collector hearing headset. Went through two of them due to battery only lasting a few hours. Called the vendor and they said it sounded like Midway was selling seconds. Told Midway and they denied it. Got my money back and bought for actually less on Amazon and they worked great.