Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: Hammerhead slugs

Hammerhead slugs

These have always been one of my favorite cast slugs. Sure, the wads are a little pricey, but the results are outstanding.

I’ll be taking them out come gun season. I’ve missed the majority of bow season due to a medical malpractice issue.

Went in to have a wart removed from the tip of my trigger finger and the dermatologist ended up giving me frostbite from the liquid nitrogen. That was on sept 28th. Last Thursday, I had the tip of my trigger finger removed. I’m in good spirits, despite my situation.

Anyway, it’s killing me knowing I’m not in the woods.

Here’s a couple pics of finger:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Yikes! That doctor really overdid it!

When I was a kid I got a contagious/rapid spreading wart virus on the palms of both hands. The doctor used dry ice to remove those. He had a tube the dry ice went into and was pushed through exposing a 1/4" or so diameter. He used that to freeze all the warts. Not near as cold as liquid nitrogen.

I have heard of liquid nitrogen being used but wow you really got frozen there!

I hope that this turns out tolerable for you and that you get compensated for the unnessecary loss of your finger tip.

Did they take bone as well or just remove dead tissue? If just tissue can the finger pad be rebuilt?

Here's hoping for the best possible outcome for you.

Longbow

Boolit Grand Master

Wow, I've had minor frostbite that just killed a little skin, and that hurt bad enough. I wish I could offer more, but I've not lost anything. I once cut my trigger finger pad right down to the bone with a knife. It left a very distinct scar. It actually improved my shooting, as now I have a reference where to set the trigger on the pad. That, and combined with my chest scar from a pneumonia tube, I can tell kids I won a sword fight. Here's to hoping you get such a lucky outcome.

OOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW !!!!!

My Gawd Leon? All from getting a Wart removed? I had one removed once and they used LN but it was applied with a Q tip! Won't tell you where it was located but an outcome like yours would have resulted in a death or two.

Is that your trigger finger?

Hope it grows back?

I don't know what else to say? I've never seen or heard of anything like that.

Sorry

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 10-25-2021 at 03:47 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

As far as the Hammerhead Slugs??? I have gotten the best accuracy of any shotgun slug from them.

My Brass Inserts have yielded better results than my cast inserts but not by much. From my A5 with the Hasting Barrel the accuracy is there. See Pic below.

My load for both brass and lead inserts is 23 gr of Unique, new Rio Hull, Roll Crimp.

The group below is 1 x 1.5 with Open Sights at 50 yards, and the first 3 shots were the cloverleaf

Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100464943.JPG   100464885.jpg   100464879.JPG   100464881.JPG   100464934.JPG  

"It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"

Speedy recovery and good luck when you get to the woods.

M. R. Buchanan, those slugs are almost to nice to shoot.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yup, it’s my trigger finger, but I can get by. I watched the world procedure. Even recorded it.

They injected my hand with a nerve block telling me it would last throughout the night. They lied. It started to wear off about 30 mins into the procedure. I didn’t say anything because he was almost done. I wanted it to be over with.

When it first happened, the pain was incredible. Spent two days in the hospital on dilaudid.

My and surgeon never seen anything like this as well. They’re actually doing a clinical write up on me that will be published.

Also, my lawyer never seen anything like this as well.

Oh yeah, I also kept the finger tip. It’s in the freezer right now. Gonna do something awesome with it.

My gawd Leon, that's awful! And your trigger finger to boot. Only one spot worse I can think of. Hope you get the use back soon. Gp

Boolit Master

The middle finger works fine with what’s left of your index along the receiver! Does that guy do sheet metal work and lawn mower repair on the side??? Sorry about your distress right here in hunting season Leon.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    As far as the Hammerhead Slugs??? I have gotten the best accuracy of any shotgun slug from them.

My Brass Inserts have yielded better results than my cast inserts but not by much. From my A5 with the Hasting Barrel the accuracy is there. See Pic below.

My load for both brass and lead inserts is 23 gr of Unique, new Rio Hull, Roll Crimp.

The group below is 1 x 1.5 with Open Sights at 50 yards, and the first 3 shots were the cloverleaf

Randy
    Is your other hobby photography? Those are some very nice photos!

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post

Randy
    Where can one find Brass inserts for 20 ga!?!

Boolit Buddy
    Oh yeah, I also kept the finger tip. It’s in the freezer right now. Gonna do something awesome with it.
    You mean like load it up and take it to the range?

Boolit Master

BT, I'm wishing you a speedy recovery from that awful wound! As a retired RN, I've seen things like that before, I know reconstructive surgery can help but I'm not sure it can replace the tip. I'm praying for the best possible outcome for you, have faith!
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Master

Get a lawyer. Malpractice for sure. Make sure somone else does not get maimed by the Dr. again.

To me that is a life changing mistake and you should be compensated for it.

Boolit Master

That's terrible! Was this the VA?
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Yuuk!!

I had to go and try mounting my shotgun when I saw your poor finger. It should not be a problem to use the middle of the next joint of your index finger, but you may have to shorten your stock(s) a little, as the shooting hand's position is what determine the stock length.

I knew an old guy who had lost the tip of his index finger (sawmill worker). He shot a s/s with double trigger, and had the triggers bended a little to better reach them.
    Cap'n Morgan

Boolit Master
    Oh no!

Yes it"s possible to learn middle trigger finger... but bl**dy h***, how come they froze so much instead of the wart only?

Best of luck with the recovery to you.

Maybe have it cast into a Clear Plastic Cube? You could sit it on your desk?

As far as the brass inserts for 20 ga? They would be available from me as I made the ones that are in the Pics above. My 12 ga .Slugs are Certified for use on Game in California

Go here to see what others have been tried. www.slugsrus.com

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 10-25-2021 at 04:05 PM.

Hammerhead slugs

I have retained a lawyer.
    Last edited by Blood Trail; 11-08-2021 at 01:39 PM.