RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone 25 and under?

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I have T-shirts older than you!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Actually I have 3 grandsons that are older than you but I wish they were following your path in life.
    I can remember 25 years ago I use to hunt ducks and pheasant with a friend of mine who had 2 boys in their 20’s that hunted with us. For whatever reason those boys thought whatever I told them was great advise and seem to think I knew better than their own father. I see the same thing now in my grandkids, my wife and I try to give them advice on how to save money and be smarter when spending but it seems they know better and will listen to friends who do the same as them.
    Age does have some benefits if you make it there, today it seems as though so many young people are already on medications and things we never gave a second thought to when we were 25 so be well and stick to your guns !

Jedman

Boolit Buddy
    I am 65, and read a lot of your post. Your bring a lot to the table. I tell you what my son in-laws are in there 40’s that don’t make any sense at all when I talk to them. You do a great job with us here.
    The Soldier that Volunteers, fighting for his Country and his rights,
    makes the most reliable Soldier on Earth.

Boolit Master
    I've got 3 kids older than you! Having just turned 60, I'm balancing how I look, feel, and behave..... and none of them align! I refuse to act my age, because if I did, I'd be surrendering to the shadow of the future. All of that is to say, no, I'm not 25, but I get along well with most 25 year olds.

Boolit Master
    Shoot, I was 25 ... 45 years ago.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Master
    I feel 25, but the DMV says that doesn't count for much when my birthday was so long ago. Pretty sure even when I'm 75, I will still feel like a 25 year old kid whose joints got creaky for some random reason. No matter how old and experienced I become, I always feel like I don't know what I'm doing and that surely tomorrow the world will figure it out and kick me back in the kiddie pool. Never happens, but that doesn't stop me from feeling that way.
    I'm a big fan of data-driven decisions. You want to make me smile, show me a spreadsheet! Extra points for graphs and best-fit predictive equations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12