Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
Load DataRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: decent frozen food

The talk of Stouffer's lasagna stayed on my mind and tried it for the first time. I have only had Maries Calenders items but not anymore. I like this new lasagna and Boston Market meatloaf. Stocked up a lot. Sales only with nonbrandon prices. MC used to be a good deal way back. They wrecked their pot pie boxes by ending the reflective top that browned nicely

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    I do a frozen meal now and then... tend to limit them due to salt and chemical content... make my own lasagna,!
    That's what we do. I think it was a year or two ago we had a frozen Stoffer's lasagna. I like them, they just don't like me.
    I haven't found any of the frozen grocery store stuff that doesn't have so much salt in it I swell up and about can't close a fist.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    That's what we do. I think it was a year or two ago we had a frozen Stoffer's lasagna. I like them, they just don't like me.
    I haven't found any of the frozen grocery store stuff that doesn't have so much salt in it I swell up and about can't close a fist.
    My ankles balloon up from the salt content after eating prepared foods or boxed foods despite wearing compression socks for bad blood flow in my lower legs(hereditary). Now that I am over 60 it is a lot worse, I no longer bring the salt shaker to the table due to it, well most of the time, I have a recipe for deep fried pork chops and I don't use salty stuff in the deep fryer, it breaks the oil down to fast. SO they go it with just black pepper and herbs in the breading, no salt... and food does need a little salt, it is a flavor enhancer.

Boolit Master
    If your grocery has them, Blakes chicken pot pies are pretty good. Flakey, crispy crust from the nuker.

I also like those cheap Jacks (Kraft) pizzas. Not the best pizza by far but they do have a nice cracker like crust if baked properly.

For a tasty, not too terrible snack, Dole frozen peaches. Cup worth in a bowl, zap for 15-20sec and a sprinkle of Truvia. I like them a little frozen still.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mytmousemalibu View Post
    If your grocery has them, Blakes chicken pot pies are pretty good. Flakey, crispy crust from the nuker.

I also like those cheap Jacks (Kraft) pizzas. Not the best pizza by far but they do have a nice cracker like crust if baked properly.

For a tasty, not too terrible snack, Dole frozen peaches. Cup worth in a bowl, zap for 15-20sec and a sprinkle of Truvia. I like them a little frozen still.
    heck ill probably take flack for it but i even like bauquet pot pies. Havent had one in many years though

I went nuts on Boston Market. Meatloaf and mashed potato combo. It has a tasty gravy to mix with potato. I bet 2 of them would be filling. Excellent to cover till something bigger

Boolit Master
    If I’m shopping late at night, when nobody is looking I’ll sneak into the frozen food section and get a few Torino’s pizzas. Go to the self checkout buy and double bag them so no one can see what you have. Slither home and hide them under the frozen rib-eyes in the freezer. When the wife’s gone, Pop one in the oven for 17 minutes and indulge in one of my guilty pleasures.
    Last edited by jimlj; 02-06-2022 at 01:28 PM.

It's all good.
    I rather have junk food than a good steak.
    I buy Cravin's pepperoni a sausage pizza then add enough extra pepperoni to cover the top so the cheese is completely hidden.
    I can easily eat the entire pizza myself.
    I have to watch it, so I am going to start making two meals of it.

Boolit Buddy
    Brew Pub pizza really good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12