RepackboxTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 45 ACP Revolvers

Boolit Master
    Here is the birth year revolver my wife convinced me to buy. It is a Model 1950, 45 ACP, Target revolver. Here is how it came to me with the Magna stocks numbered to the revolver.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8560.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	324909

Name:	IMG_8558.jpg 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	324910

Here it is with my preferred set up, smooth elk magnas and a grip adapter.

Name:	IMG_8566.jpg 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	324911

Well! We got photo bombed! The newest Model 1950 is the top revolver with the shiny grip adapter and the smooth elk magnas. The bottom revolver is also a Model 1950 but it has caribou Magnas and a grip adapter.

Back to the birth year revolver, here it is with what may become my favorite stocks for this revolver, maple magnas with the shiny adapter.

Name:	IMG_8589.jpeg 
Views:	4 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	324912

Name:	IMG_8587.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	324913

These are a special set of magnas. They were a gift to me from the stock maker. I am humbled to have received them.

Kevin
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

Boolit Master
    StrawHat thanks for posting the pics. Nice to see your beautiful old 45’s. Those maple magna’s are glorious! You are blest Sir!
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shooting on a shoestring View Post
    StrawHat thanks for posting the pics. Nice to see your beautiful old 45’s. Those maple magna’s are glorious! You are blest Sir!

Thank you. Blest?, indeed. My wife found that revolver on a forum of which I am a member and asked if I knew about it. When I told her the seller had contacted me before listing it, and I passed on it, well, that is when the discussion started.

As for the stocks, they were a gift from a stock maker. I sent him two chunks of fiddleback maple fire logs. He was surprised at the gift and after checking around, discovered that I like magnas and N frames. He specializes in Target and Ropers. But a couple of months go by and a package with these stocks show up! I was floored. He was pleased that I sent the timber with no strings attached and chose to make the Magnas as a thank you. What a gentleman! He said Magnas present a fitting problem because they should be sanded to a perfect fit on the frame. These fit very well, considering he did not have my revolver.

They are very special to me, as is that revolver so I think they will stay together.

Kevin
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234