MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .30-30 lever action load for 200 yard Rams

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OBXPilgrim2 View Post
    No problems with feeding the 311041? Looks like it would be a great fit for Win 94s, but I've wondered about how they feed them.
    Like carp through a goose. That's how they'll feed. I have shot many, many hundreds of 311041 sized .310 over 34 grains of WW-748. At the club I used to shoot at, the steel ranges were set up in meters, not yards. And the rams were very hard to knock over. It took a heavy boolit hitting hard to put one down. I eventually went to a 45-70 Marlin CB due to ringing a ram with a solid body hit only to have it teeter, then pop back up. On other ranges, my 30-30 was just fine.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    Like carp through a goose. That's how they'll feed. I have shot many, many hundreds of 311041 sized .310 over 34 grains of WW-748. At the club I used to shoot at, the steel ranges were set up in meters, not yards. And the rams were very hard to knock over. It took a heavy boolit hitting hard to put one down. I eventually went to a 45-70 Marlin CB due to ringing a ram with a solid body hit only to have it teeter, then pop back up. On other ranges, my 30-30 was just fine.
    Not Fort Bliss was it? Railroad track even with the dirt behind it. Hit one center and it would push back and keep standing in the dirt. I've never rang a ram with my 30-06 except there, they just laugh at you.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks for all the information. Any suggestions on best place to source the heavier bullets since I don’t cast?

Boolit Master
    I use 21 grs of Reloader7 in a 14" T/C Contender with bullet weights between 150-170 grs cast for our 230 yrd rams. Ours are at 230 yards due to a large 200yrd target pit inbetween. I have had no problems knocking rams over, ( if and when I hit them of course).😊
    I'm the King of my castle---anytime my wife's not around
    Life NRA member

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSIUT OF THOSE WHO TREATEN US

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12